Royston Rockets compete at East Anglia Regional Winter Series
- Credit: Archant
The East Anglia Regional Winter Series continued last weekend at Ipswich BMX Club.
Racing began with the boys’ U7s category, where Royston’s two riders attempted to qualify through the motos to the knockout stages.
Dominic Hines qualified for the main A final where he finished in fourth, while in the class B final, Hugo McFarland Cushing finished in seventh.
In the male eight and nine year old class, Joshua Abbott was never behind, taking maximum points to extend his lead in the series standings. Harry Evans won the class B final, ahead of team-mate Christopher Davies who was fifth.
There was also a second place for Joshua Izzard in the A final.
The 12-13 year-old class saw two more Rockets battling for positions, with Bradley Marvel ending in sixth. Louis Foreman took third in the B final and in the 14-16yr class, James King led all his races for maximum points.
In the girls’ classes, Harriet Alexander took third in the 9-10 class and Alyx Foreman, racing in the girls’ 14 plus category, finished in fifth overall.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 3 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 4 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 5 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 6 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 7 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 8 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 9 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 10 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
Darren Foreman took fourth in the combined 17+ and Masters (30+) class A final, and in the 17+ Cruiser class Connor Hudson took the win ahead of his brother, Jack, who claimed second place.
With round four of the BMX Regional Winter Series at Norwich rescheduled for March 29, the series is set for a great final round before the 2015 summer series starts on Easter Sunday at Milton Keynes.
For more about the club’s winter racing and coaching sessions and BMX racing in the region go to www.roystonrockets.co.uk and the BMX East Regional site at www.bmxeast.com