Royston Rockets compete at East Anglia Regional Winter Series
- Credit: Archant
The East Anglia Regional Winter Series continued last weekend at Ipswich BMX Club.
Racing began with the boys’ U7s category, where Royston’s two riders attempted to qualify through the motos to the knockout stages.
Dominic Hines qualified for the main A final where he finished in fourth, while in the class B final, Hugo McFarland Cushing finished in seventh.
In the male eight and nine year old class, Joshua Abbott was never behind, taking maximum points to extend his lead in the series standings. Harry Evans won the class B final, ahead of team-mate Christopher Davies who was fifth.
There was also a second place for Joshua Izzard in the A final.
The 12-13 year-old class saw two more Rockets battling for positions, with Bradley Marvel ending in sixth. Louis Foreman took third in the B final and in the 14-16yr class, James King led all his races for maximum points.
In the girls’ classes, Harriet Alexander took third in the 9-10 class and Alyx Foreman, racing in the girls’ 14 plus category, finished in fifth overall.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 4 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
Darren Foreman took fourth in the combined 17+ and Masters (30+) class A final, and in the 17+ Cruiser class Connor Hudson took the win ahead of his brother, Jack, who claimed second place.
With round four of the BMX Regional Winter Series at Norwich rescheduled for March 29, the series is set for a great final round before the 2015 summer series starts on Easter Sunday at Milton Keynes.
For more about the club’s winter racing and coaching sessions and BMX racing in the region go to www.roystonrockets.co.uk and the BMX East Regional site at www.bmxeast.com