Home comforts brings podiums for Royston Rockets at BMX East Regional Championship
- Credit: Archant
Royston Rockets BMX Racing Club enjoyed the comforts of their home track as they hosted the BMX East Regional Championship.
In total the club had 35 riders among the 170-strong entry and a number made the podium including Deacon Childs who was second in the U6 and Ben Millington who won the eight-year group.
Olly Gilks-Stokes (U9), Joshua Webb (U10), Dominic Hines (U11) and Freddie Cadman-Carpenter (U13) were all third with Joshua Abbott second in the male U15 category
Elizabeth Bown again showed the boys how to do it, winning the U11 male race, and she was joined on the top step of the podium by Cian Armstrong (U16), Ian Gunner (vets 40+) and James King in the superclass 17-plus group.
For the girls Annalise Cadman-Carpenter was unbeaten all day in the nine-10 class as was Harriet Alexander in the 15-16s.
You may also want to watch:
Cara Rushforth, Jack Hudson and Joshua Clark were the final Rockets on the podium with the club also winning the team award ahead of Braintree.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'