Royston rider James East takes ninth in National Superstock 1000 Championships at Brands Hatch
- Credit: Archant
It was a solid race weekend for Royston rider James East at the National Superstock 1000 Championships at Brands Hatch.
Following on from his 13th place finish at Donington Park two weeks ago, East’s Kawasaki Downshift Motorsport team managed a top 10 finish in the latest round of racing in Kent.
East was eager for a good starting position and he was rewarded for decent form with a strong qualifying session, lying 11th on the grid for Sunday’s race.
In a confident mood before the race, he had a lightning start and moved through the field, jostling with a gaggle of Kawasaki machines for a top six finish.
However, running wide at Druids corner, he lost vital places and eventually finished ninth.
You may also want to watch:
East and the rest of the Superstock 1000 Championship riders now head to Cheshire’s Oulton Park for round three of this year’s event.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 5 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 6 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe