Royston rider James East takes ninth in National Superstock 1000 Championships at Brands Hatch
- Credit: Archant
It was a solid race weekend for Royston rider James East at the National Superstock 1000 Championships at Brands Hatch.
Following on from his 13th place finish at Donington Park two weeks ago, East’s Kawasaki Downshift Motorsport team managed a top 10 finish in the latest round of racing in Kent.
East was eager for a good starting position and he was rewarded for decent form with a strong qualifying session, lying 11th on the grid for Sunday’s race.
In a confident mood before the race, he had a lightning start and moved through the field, jostling with a gaggle of Kawasaki machines for a top six finish.
However, running wide at Druids corner, he lost vital places and eventually finished ninth.
You may also want to watch:
East and the rest of the Superstock 1000 Championship riders now head to Cheshire’s Oulton Park for round three of this year’s event.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended