Royston return empty handed
Risborough Rangers Res 2 Royston Town Res 1 FOR the second week running, Royston returned home empty handed, and a feeling of being robbed of a point by a poor decision from the referee. Fielding yet another changed line up, the visitors let the excessiv
Risborough Rangers Res 2
Royston Town Res 1
FOR the second week running, Royston returned home empty handed, and a feeling of being robbed of a point by a poor decision from the referee.
Fielding yet another changed line up, the visitors let the excessive journey, late kick off and poor facilities also upset their preparation.
You may also want to watch:
An even opening period saw neither side threaten, the deadlock however finally broken when the host's skipper was allowed a lot of time to compose himself and finish well from distance.
Royston made a half time change and immediately took the game back to Risborough, and scored a deserved equaliser from Rob Rollinson.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 6 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 7 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 8 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
The hosts again took the lead with a free header, Royston responding with a super move involving a number of players which saw Greg Jackson's cross steered just wide by Rollinson.
Then with time almost up Rollinson burst through only to be blatantly fouled by the Risborough keeper, the incident being recognised by the referee as a foul but judged to be outside the box, the foul clearly committed two yards inside the penalty area, the resulting free kick being well saved by the keeper.
A final decision that summed up the visitors' frustrating afternoon.
Royston: R Jones, A Stodhart, T Parry, B Bowles, B Jackson, K Butler, R Rollinson, B Jones, J Moule, D Bird, J McCormack, S Bowles, M Saunders, G Jackson.