Royston return empty handed
Risborough Rangers Res 2 Royston Town Res 1 FOR the second week running, Royston returned home empty handed, and a feeling of being robbed of a point by a poor decision from the referee. Fielding yet another changed line up, the visitors let the excessiv
Risborough Rangers Res 2
Royston Town Res 1
FOR the second week running, Royston returned home empty handed, and a feeling of being robbed of a point by a poor decision from the referee.
Fielding yet another changed line up, the visitors let the excessive journey, late kick off and poor facilities also upset their preparation.
An even opening period saw neither side threaten, the deadlock however finally broken when the host's skipper was allowed a lot of time to compose himself and finish well from distance.
Royston made a half time change and immediately took the game back to Risborough, and scored a deserved equaliser from Rob Rollinson.
- 1 Owner elated as cat returns after going missing for 11 years
- 2 Melbourn Bowls Club celebrates centenary
- 3 Street Food Heroes return to Royston
- 4 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 5 Life-saving defibrillator donated to Melbourn Bowls Club
- 6 A-level results 2022: What should my next steps be?
- 7 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 8 World Photography Day: Herts & Middlesex Wildlife Trust launches third Wild Snaps competition
- 9 Which Thameslink trains are running during the RMT strike?
- 10 Last-ball victory keeps Reed on the rise up the Championship
The hosts again took the lead with a free header, Royston responding with a super move involving a number of players which saw Greg Jackson's cross steered just wide by Rollinson.
Then with time almost up Rollinson burst through only to be blatantly fouled by the Risborough keeper, the incident being recognised by the referee as a foul but judged to be outside the box, the foul clearly committed two yards inside the penalty area, the resulting free kick being well saved by the keeper.
A final decision that summed up the visitors' frustrating afternoon.
Royston: R Jones, A Stodhart, T Parry, B Bowles, B Jackson, K Butler, R Rollinson, B Jones, J Moule, D Bird, J McCormack, S Bowles, M Saunders, G Jackson.