Royston return empty handed
Risborough Rangers Res 2 Royston Town Res 1 FOR the second week running, Royston returned home empty handed, and a feeling of being robbed of a point by a poor decision from the referee. Fielding yet another changed line up, the visitors let the excessiv
Risborough Rangers Res 2
Royston Town Res 1
FOR the second week running, Royston returned home empty handed, and a feeling of being robbed of a point by a poor decision from the referee.
Fielding yet another changed line up, the visitors let the excessive journey, late kick off and poor facilities also upset their preparation.
You may also want to watch:
An even opening period saw neither side threaten, the deadlock however finally broken when the host's skipper was allowed a lot of time to compose himself and finish well from distance.
Royston made a half time change and immediately took the game back to Risborough, and scored a deserved equaliser from Rob Rollinson.
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
The hosts again took the lead with a free header, Royston responding with a super move involving a number of players which saw Greg Jackson's cross steered just wide by Rollinson.
Then with time almost up Rollinson burst through only to be blatantly fouled by the Risborough keeper, the incident being recognised by the referee as a foul but judged to be outside the box, the foul clearly committed two yards inside the penalty area, the resulting free kick being well saved by the keeper.
A final decision that summed up the visitors' frustrating afternoon.
Royston: R Jones, A Stodhart, T Parry, B Bowles, B Jackson, K Butler, R Rollinson, B Jones, J Moule, D Bird, J McCormack, S Bowles, M Saunders, G Jackson.