Royston record comfortable win
Wormley Reds 38 Royston 53 A LAST minute drop out saw Royston travel to Wormley Reds with only six players, but despite their opponents being one place below them in the league the visitors ran out comprehensive winners. Royston went into the game having
Wormley Reds 38 Royston 53
A LAST minute drop out saw Royston travel to Wormley Reds with only six players, but despite their opponents being one place below them in the league the visitors ran out comprehensive winners.
Royston went into the game having won every game in the Turnford Senior League this season and continued their impressive form with a good performance despite a shaky start.
The first quarter saw Royston trying to work out the best way to cover the part of the court with no player but after 10 minutes the team began to settle and the first quarter ended with Royston 12-11 up.
You may also want to watch:
The second quarter saw Dawn Davies move to centre covering the spare space and Karen Hume to wing attack to feed the waiting shooters of Regan Rooney and Emma Winser, both of who were on fine form and fired Royston into an eight-goal lead by half time.
Royston's determination shone through in the third quarter when they were determined to fight for every ball, and some excellent circle defending from Jackie Huttlestone and Begonia Laughlin made it difficult for Wormley's shooters to hit the shooting circle.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
Royston were ahead by 12 points going into the last quarter and further excellent shooting and defending saw the six-woman team run out winners by 53 points to 38.
Royston: Hume, Rooney, Winser, Davies, Huttleston, Laughlin.