Royston record comfortable win
Wormley Reds 38 Royston 53 A LAST minute drop out saw Royston travel to Wormley Reds with only six players, but despite their opponents being one place below them in the league the visitors ran out comprehensive winners. Royston went into the game having
Wormley Reds 38 Royston 53
A LAST minute drop out saw Royston travel to Wormley Reds with only six players, but despite their opponents being one place below them in the league the visitors ran out comprehensive winners.
Royston went into the game having won every game in the Turnford Senior League this season and continued their impressive form with a good performance despite a shaky start.
The first quarter saw Royston trying to work out the best way to cover the part of the court with no player but after 10 minutes the team began to settle and the first quarter ended with Royston 12-11 up.
The second quarter saw Dawn Davies move to centre covering the spare space and Karen Hume to wing attack to feed the waiting shooters of Regan Rooney and Emma Winser, both of who were on fine form and fired Royston into an eight-goal lead by half time.
Royston's determination shone through in the third quarter when they were determined to fight for every ball, and some excellent circle defending from Jackie Huttlestone and Begonia Laughlin made it difficult for Wormley's shooters to hit the shooting circle.
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 5 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 6 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 7 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Partygate is a kick in the teeth for South Cambs residents, says Lib Dem candidate
- 9 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 10 Town's biggest employer pays tribute to late F John Smith's 'vision and commitment'
Royston were ahead by 12 points going into the last quarter and further excellent shooting and defending saw the six-woman team run out winners by 53 points to 38.
Royston: Hume, Rooney, Winser, Davies, Huttleston, Laughlin.