Royston record comfortable win
Wormley Reds 38 Royston 53 A LAST minute drop out saw Royston travel to Wormley Reds with only six players, but despite their opponents being one place below them in the league the visitors ran out comprehensive winners. Royston went into the game having
Wormley Reds 38 Royston 53
A LAST minute drop out saw Royston travel to Wormley Reds with only six players, but despite their opponents being one place below them in the league the visitors ran out comprehensive winners.
Royston went into the game having won every game in the Turnford Senior League this season and continued their impressive form with a good performance despite a shaky start.
The first quarter saw Royston trying to work out the best way to cover the part of the court with no player but after 10 minutes the team began to settle and the first quarter ended with Royston 12-11 up.
You may also want to watch:
The second quarter saw Dawn Davies move to centre covering the spare space and Karen Hume to wing attack to feed the waiting shooters of Regan Rooney and Emma Winser, both of who were on fine form and fired Royston into an eight-goal lead by half time.
Royston's determination shone through in the third quarter when they were determined to fight for every ball, and some excellent circle defending from Jackie Huttlestone and Begonia Laughlin made it difficult for Wormley's shooters to hit the shooting circle.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
Royston were ahead by 12 points going into the last quarter and further excellent shooting and defending saw the six-woman team run out winners by 53 points to 38.
Royston: Hume, Rooney, Winser, Davies, Huttleston, Laughlin.