Royston rack up points but still taste defeat at Old Streetonians
- Credit: Archant
Royston notched six tries but still found themselves on the losing end of a 50-36 scoreline at Old Streetonians in Herts/Middlesex One on Saturday.
The game was always going to be a tough contest, with both sides looking to continue their push for the top of the league.
It turned out to be a free-scoring affair with both sides making decisive attacks at the opposition line.
Joe Butcher’s brace was backed up by efforts from Ben Ritsema, Jacob Boyce, Matt Muirhead and John Brain.
However, the plethora of Royston tries proved in vain, as the Old Street boys found gaps in the visiting defence, scoring a total of eight tries to win the match.
You may also want to watch:
Royston will look to bounce back from defeat when they host Crusaders in the Junior Vase on Saturday.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 7 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims