Royston rack up points but still taste defeat at Old Streetonians
- Credit: Archant
Royston notched six tries but still found themselves on the losing end of a 50-36 scoreline at Old Streetonians in Herts/Middlesex One on Saturday.
The game was always going to be a tough contest, with both sides looking to continue their push for the top of the league.
It turned out to be a free-scoring affair with both sides making decisive attacks at the opposition line.
Joe Butcher’s brace was backed up by efforts from Ben Ritsema, Jacob Boyce, Matt Muirhead and John Brain.
However, the plethora of Royston tries proved in vain, as the Old Street boys found gaps in the visiting defence, scoring a total of eight tries to win the match.
You may also want to watch:
Royston will look to bounce back from defeat when they host Crusaders in the Junior Vase on Saturday.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 10 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote