Royston racer closes on BARC Mighty Mini Championship leader after success at Donington Park
- Credit: Archant
Sam Tomlinson lies second in the BARC Mighty Mini Championship after claiming second and fifth place finishes in round two at Donington Park live on Motors TV on Sunday.
Qualifying third on the grid for race one on Sunday, Royston’s Tomlinson got off to a great start moving into second.
He then made a move for the lead into Redgate corner which saw him run wide and move down to 5th place, where he eventually finished.
Although disappointed not to finish on the podium.
As the heavens opened, Tomlinson again got off to a good start, moving into an early lead by the end of lap one.
You may also want to watch:
However, he was slip-streamed at the end of the back-straight to drop to second where he stayed until the flag, finishing on the bumper of the leader. The next round of the competition is at the Mini festival at Brands Hatch on July 16/17.
Follow Sam in the Skip UK mini on Twitter on @skipukmini for the latest racing news.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash