Royston produce amazing comeback to move second in Division Five South West table
- Credit: Archant
Royston’s men came from 4-0 down to beat Bishop’s Stortford 3rds 5-4 in a remarkable encounter in Division Five South West.
An entertaining game saw Stortford four goals to the good up at half-time but a second-half comeback meant Royston secured their fourth victory in a row.
This game was the very definition of a game of two halves.
A half-time break and a change in formation saw the game turn on its head.
Andy Drage got the all-important early goal back for Royston from a short corner.
Carl Taylor then added the second goal which was quickly followed by a third from Drage.
Miles Jackson got the goal of the game with a powerful strike from the top of the D and Will Jones tucked away the winner to move Royston second in the table.
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 5 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 6 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 7 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 9 Missing woman from Royston found
- 10 Partygate is a kick in the teeth for South Cambs residents, says Lib Dem candidate