Royston produce amazing comeback to move second in Division Five South West table
- Credit: Archant
Royston’s men came from 4-0 down to beat Bishop’s Stortford 3rds 5-4 in a remarkable encounter in Division Five South West.
An entertaining game saw Stortford four goals to the good up at half-time but a second-half comeback meant Royston secured their fourth victory in a row.
This game was the very definition of a game of two halves.
A half-time break and a change in formation saw the game turn on its head.
Andy Drage got the all-important early goal back for Royston from a short corner.
You may also want to watch:
Carl Taylor then added the second goal which was quickly followed by a third from Drage.
Miles Jackson got the goal of the game with a powerful strike from the top of the D and Will Jones tucked away the winner to move Royston second in the table.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?