Royston player to represent England
Tremayne Charles selected for 2011 England Colleges squad
ROYSTON TOWN youth team player Tremayne Charles has been selected for the 2011 England Colleges squad.
Charles is currently in his first year at Luton Sixth Form College studying PE and earned his call-up after impressing in three trial events with over 150 other hopefuls.
His first match for England will be against Wales in March before a two-legged fixture against Scotland in April.
Charles was delighted to have made the grade at the trials and said: “I’m really pleased that I got into the squad and mostly thanks to my mum and dad who have been there for me all the time and I would like to dedicate this achievement to them as they have helped me a lot with my football. Thanks also to Jorden Gibson for his faith shown in me and encouraging me to do well.”
His youth coach, Gibson, who is also the first team goalkeeper, says Charles fully deserves his chance. He said: “Tremayne has always worked hard and has the desire to achieve his goals. Representing his country is a great honour and shows what a talent he is. I would like to congratulate him on behalf of all of Royston Town FC and wish him all the best on his quest for higher achievements.”
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 4 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 7 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 8 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure