Royston player to represent England
Tremayne Charles selected for 2011 England Colleges squad
ROYSTON TOWN youth team player Tremayne Charles has been selected for the 2011 England Colleges squad.
Charles is currently in his first year at Luton Sixth Form College studying PE and earned his call-up after impressing in three trial events with over 150 other hopefuls.
His first match for England will be against Wales in March before a two-legged fixture against Scotland in April.
Charles was delighted to have made the grade at the trials and said: “I’m really pleased that I got into the squad and mostly thanks to my mum and dad who have been there for me all the time and I would like to dedicate this achievement to them as they have helped me a lot with my football. Thanks also to Jorden Gibson for his faith shown in me and encouraging me to do well.”
You may also want to watch:
His youth coach, Gibson, who is also the first team goalkeeper, says Charles fully deserves his chance. He said: “Tremayne has always worked hard and has the desire to achieve his goals. Representing his country is a great honour and shows what a talent he is. I would like to congratulate him on behalf of all of Royston Town FC and wish him all the best on his quest for higher achievements.”
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 9 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?