Royston player to represent England
Tremayne Charles selected for 2011 England Colleges squad
ROYSTON TOWN youth team player Tremayne Charles has been selected for the 2011 England Colleges squad.
Charles is currently in his first year at Luton Sixth Form College studying PE and earned his call-up after impressing in three trial events with over 150 other hopefuls.
His first match for England will be against Wales in March before a two-legged fixture against Scotland in April.
Charles was delighted to have made the grade at the trials and said: “I’m really pleased that I got into the squad and mostly thanks to my mum and dad who have been there for me all the time and I would like to dedicate this achievement to them as they have helped me a lot with my football. Thanks also to Jorden Gibson for his faith shown in me and encouraging me to do well.”
You may also want to watch:
His youth coach, Gibson, who is also the first team goalkeeper, says Charles fully deserves his chance. He said: “Tremayne has always worked hard and has the desire to achieve his goals. Representing his country is a great honour and shows what a talent he is. I would like to congratulate him on behalf of all of Royston Town FC and wish him all the best on his quest for higher achievements.”
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange