Royston netballers show spirit despite cup final defeat
ROYSTON II faced a tough challenge in their recent Katie Coulson Cup final against MI7, who have already achieved promotion to the Cambs County League.
Royston started shakily and struggled to find their game in the first quarter.
However, in the second quarter they came out on court more confidently and started to turn the ball over and convert their possession into goals with Megan Pinner and Caitlin Jackson-Corbett shooting well.
However, on the hottest day of the year so far Royston struggled to cope with the pace in the second half.
Despite having some good interceptions at the defensive end and some fluent centre court play the game ended 51-37 to MI7.
You may also want to watch:
Squad: Lauren Brain, Ellie Harnwell, Louisa Harnwell, Caitlyn Jackson-Corbett, Begona Laughlin, Megan Pinner, Kelly Stubbs, Anelka Tokely, Jo Woodbridge.
n Royston U15s ended a good season with a convincing 22-15 win over Hawks Netball Club from Huntingdon in the South Cambs and Cambridge School Sports Partnership league.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 5 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 9 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 10 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
Overall the U15 team, in their first season playing together, finished fifth in the league, a creditable performance.