Royston netballers show spirit despite cup final defeat
ROYSTON II faced a tough challenge in their recent Katie Coulson Cup final against MI7, who have already achieved promotion to the Cambs County League.
Royston started shakily and struggled to find their game in the first quarter.
However, in the second quarter they came out on court more confidently and started to turn the ball over and convert their possession into goals with Megan Pinner and Caitlin Jackson-Corbett shooting well.
However, on the hottest day of the year so far Royston struggled to cope with the pace in the second half.
Despite having some good interceptions at the defensive end and some fluent centre court play the game ended 51-37 to MI7.
Squad: Lauren Brain, Ellie Harnwell, Louisa Harnwell, Caitlyn Jackson-Corbett, Begona Laughlin, Megan Pinner, Kelly Stubbs, Anelka Tokely, Jo Woodbridge.
n Royston U15s ended a good season with a convincing 22-15 win over Hawks Netball Club from Huntingdon in the South Cambs and Cambridge School Sports Partnership league.
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 5 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 6 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 7 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 9 Missing woman from Royston found
- 10 Partygate is a kick in the teeth for South Cambs residents, says Lib Dem candidate
Overall the U15 team, in their first season playing together, finished fifth in the league, a creditable performance.