Royston netballers show spirit despite cup final defeat
ROYSTON II faced a tough challenge in their recent Katie Coulson Cup final against MI7, who have already achieved promotion to the Cambs County League.
Royston started shakily and struggled to find their game in the first quarter.
However, in the second quarter they came out on court more confidently and started to turn the ball over and convert their possession into goals with Megan Pinner and Caitlin Jackson-Corbett shooting well.
However, on the hottest day of the year so far Royston struggled to cope with the pace in the second half.
Despite having some good interceptions at the defensive end and some fluent centre court play the game ended 51-37 to MI7.
You may also want to watch:
Squad: Lauren Brain, Ellie Harnwell, Louisa Harnwell, Caitlyn Jackson-Corbett, Begona Laughlin, Megan Pinner, Kelly Stubbs, Anelka Tokely, Jo Woodbridge.
n Royston U15s ended a good season with a convincing 22-15 win over Hawks Netball Club from Huntingdon in the South Cambs and Cambridge School Sports Partnership league.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 6 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
Overall the U15 team, in their first season playing together, finished fifth in the league, a creditable performance.