Royston men’s first team beat cold to gain Winchmore Hill and Enfield win
- Credit: Archant
Royston Hockey Club men’s first team bit back against the frost-bite to record an excellent 2-1 win at Winchmore Hill and Enfield.
The win consolidated fourth place in Division 3SW.
Royston will look to continue their good form as they host mid-table Luton Town’s first team this Saturday.
There was no further action for any of Royston’s men or ladies’ sides due to the adverse conditions.
This weekend, weather permitting, the men’s 2nds are due to travel to Hertford 2nds while the 3rds host Shefford and Sandy 3rds at St Neots. The 4ths take on St Neots in a friendly.
In the ladies’ games, the first team are at home to Colchester 2nds.
Broxborne 3rds will hope to derail the 2nds’ promotion push.
- 1 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 2 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 3 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 4 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 5 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 6 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 7 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 8 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 9 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 10 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
The 3rds face Shefford and Sandy 4ths and the 4ths are on the road at Saffron Walden 7ths.