Royston men look rock-solid in opener
ROYSTON Hockey Club men s third team chalked up a convincing 2-0 win away to Letchworth fifths. Goals from James Burton and Arnie Whittaker capped an all- round display with the home side unable to penetrate Royston s solid back line. Royston ladies sec
ROYSTON Hockey Club men's third team chalked up a convincing 2-0 win away to Letchworth fifths.
Goals from James Burton and Arnie Whittaker capped an all- round display with the home side unable to penetrate Royston's solid back line.
Royston ladies second team beat Ely seconds 2-1.
With keeper Mel Visagie shining on her Royston debut, Lucy Davidson gave them the lead.
And with Sian Purath, Sarah Farmer and Kirsty Penfold causing problems, Davidson popped up for her second after Ely had equalised.
The ladies thirds went down to a strong Harlow Town 3-2.
- 1 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 5 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 6 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 7 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 8 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 9 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 10 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
After being 2-0 down at the break, Royston turned it around with Helen Miles and Caroline Yarrow mounting attacks. Sarah Warren pulled a goal back before Miles equalised.
But Harlow snatched a late winner.