Royston March on in Vase
By Tom Brown Royston Town 2 Harpenden 1 ROYSTON Town s superb FA Vase run continued on Saturday as Dave McMurrough came off the Crows bench to score the winner. And after conceding a goal after 22 minutes, the hosts were again forced to dig deep with
By Tom Brown
Royston Town 2 Harpenden 1
ROYSTON Town's superb FA Vase run continued on Saturday as Dave McMurrough came off the Crows bench to score the winner.
And after conceding a goal after 22 minutes, the hosts were again forced to dig deep with Town's strikers coming to the rescue.
Graham Tibbals maintained his own impressive cup run with his fourth goal of the competition when he raced through to get on the end of Peter Chappell's excellent pass on the half hour mark.
Lee Rogers, Carl Edwards and new signing Nicky Morgan also had half chances with Royston ending the first half on top.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 6 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 7 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 8 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 9 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 10 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
After the break it was much of the same for Harpenden with their route one tactics dominating their play as goal scorer Chris Gregory threatened with his powerful running.
And Gregory was unlucky not to put his side back in front 10 minutes into the half when another ball over the top was finished with a tame strike straight at Royston keeper James Scott.
Snowden then replaced midfielder Eddie Julu after 65 minutes, with his replacement Dave McMurrough making an immediate impression.
Battling for every ball and chasing down the Harpenden backline it was no wonder he scored the winner.
And when Scott's long clearance eluded the visitors defence, McMurrough gambled to rob Harpenden keeper Matt Belk with a scrambled diving header.
Snowden said: "It was a good performance today, and it was a great finish from Dave. He's a nuisance to play against and will always get us a goal."
- Royston Town: Scott; Chappell, Geldart, Daniels, Reid; Edwards, Snowden, Julu (McMurrough), Morgan, Rogers; Tibbals.