Royston March on in Vase
By Tom Brown Royston Town 2 Harpenden 1 ROYSTON Town s superb FA Vase run continued on Saturday as Dave McMurrough came off the Crows bench to score the winner. And after conceding a goal after 22 minutes, the hosts were again forced to dig deep with
By Tom Brown
Royston Town 2 Harpenden 1
ROYSTON Town's superb FA Vase run continued on Saturday as Dave McMurrough came off the Crows bench to score the winner.
And after conceding a goal after 22 minutes, the hosts were again forced to dig deep with Town's strikers coming to the rescue.
You may also want to watch:
Graham Tibbals maintained his own impressive cup run with his fourth goal of the competition when he raced through to get on the end of Peter Chappell's excellent pass on the half hour mark.
Lee Rogers, Carl Edwards and new signing Nicky Morgan also had half chances with Royston ending the first half on top.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 6 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 9 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 10 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
After the break it was much of the same for Harpenden with their route one tactics dominating their play as goal scorer Chris Gregory threatened with his powerful running.
And Gregory was unlucky not to put his side back in front 10 minutes into the half when another ball over the top was finished with a tame strike straight at Royston keeper James Scott.
Snowden then replaced midfielder Eddie Julu after 65 minutes, with his replacement Dave McMurrough making an immediate impression.
Battling for every ball and chasing down the Harpenden backline it was no wonder he scored the winner.
And when Scott's long clearance eluded the visitors defence, McMurrough gambled to rob Harpenden keeper Matt Belk with a scrambled diving header.
Snowden said: "It was a good performance today, and it was a great finish from Dave. He's a nuisance to play against and will always get us a goal."
- Royston Town: Scott; Chappell, Geldart, Daniels, Reid; Edwards, Snowden, Julu (McMurrough), Morgan, Rogers; Tibbals.