Royston limit St Albans to one goal
St Albans Ladies III 1 Royston Ladies II 0 ROYSTON played host to in-form league leaders St Albans, and went down to the only goal of the game. With a well-balanced side, the visitors maintained much of the possession in the early stages of the gam
St Albans Ladies III 1 Royston Ladies II 0
ROYSTON played host to in-form league leaders St Albans, and went down to the only goal of the game.
With a well-balanced side, the visitors maintained much of the possession in the early stages of the game.
And when St Albans did break, their attacks were thwarted by the work of Katie Ellard and Karen Fidell.
You may also want to watch:
The home side finally achieved the breakthrough with a powerful shot following a short corner.
Royston battled hard in the second half and limited the St Albans attack to few chances.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
But despite their hard work and team effort, Royston could not find the elusive equaliser.
Royston Ladies III 2 Queenswood 2
BEFORE a superb individual goal from Oli Muriftt, Royston ladies struggled to get a grip on thid clash with Queenswood.
Muriftt broke the deadlock, after she replaced captain Lisa Thompson, picking up the ball on the half-way line, and beating several players on her way to score.
Queenswood levelled before half time after a clever move from a short corner.
After the interval, Royston pressed for another and their hard work was rewarded when Lisa Thompson capitalised on a Queenswood error.
Royston were unlucky not to increase their lead when Sarah Warren went close.
And they were made to pay when the visitors grabbed a late equaliser.