Royston limit St Albans to one goal
St Albans Ladies III 1 Royston Ladies II 0 ROYSTON played host to in-form league leaders St Albans, and went down to the only goal of the game. With a well-balanced side, the visitors maintained much of the possession in the early stages of the gam
St Albans Ladies III 1 Royston Ladies II 0
ROYSTON played host to in-form league leaders St Albans, and went down to the only goal of the game.
With a well-balanced side, the visitors maintained much of the possession in the early stages of the game.
And when St Albans did break, their attacks were thwarted by the work of Katie Ellard and Karen Fidell.
The home side finally achieved the breakthrough with a powerful shot following a short corner.
Royston battled hard in the second half and limited the St Albans attack to few chances.
- 1 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 2 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 3 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 4 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 5 Royston children encouraged to write to the Queen
- 6 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 7 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 8 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 9 Strictly for Charity fundraising event gets people's toes tapping for Home-Start
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
But despite their hard work and team effort, Royston could not find the elusive equaliser.
Royston Ladies III 2 Queenswood 2
BEFORE a superb individual goal from Oli Muriftt, Royston ladies struggled to get a grip on thid clash with Queenswood.
Muriftt broke the deadlock, after she replaced captain Lisa Thompson, picking up the ball on the half-way line, and beating several players on her way to score.
Queenswood levelled before half time after a clever move from a short corner.
After the interval, Royston pressed for another and their hard work was rewarded when Lisa Thompson capitalised on a Queenswood error.
Royston were unlucky not to increase their lead when Sarah Warren went close.
And they were made to pay when the visitors grabbed a late equaliser.