Royston limit St Albans to one goal
St Albans Ladies III 1 Royston Ladies II 0 ROYSTON played host to in-form league leaders St Albans, and went down to the only goal of the game. With a well-balanced side, the visitors maintained much of the possession in the early stages of the gam
St Albans Ladies III 1 Royston Ladies II 0
ROYSTON played host to in-form league leaders St Albans, and went down to the only goal of the game.
With a well-balanced side, the visitors maintained much of the possession in the early stages of the game.
And when St Albans did break, their attacks were thwarted by the work of Katie Ellard and Karen Fidell.
You may also want to watch:
The home side finally achieved the breakthrough with a powerful shot following a short corner.
Royston battled hard in the second half and limited the St Albans attack to few chances.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
But despite their hard work and team effort, Royston could not find the elusive equaliser.
Royston Ladies III 2 Queenswood 2
BEFORE a superb individual goal from Oli Muriftt, Royston ladies struggled to get a grip on thid clash with Queenswood.
Muriftt broke the deadlock, after she replaced captain Lisa Thompson, picking up the ball on the half-way line, and beating several players on her way to score.
Queenswood levelled before half time after a clever move from a short corner.
After the interval, Royston pressed for another and their hard work was rewarded when Lisa Thompson capitalised on a Queenswood error.
Royston were unlucky not to increase their lead when Sarah Warren went close.
And they were made to pay when the visitors grabbed a late equaliser.