Royston Hockey Club Round-up: Wins for men’s 2nds and ladies’ first team
- Credit: Archant
There were two wins and two defeats for Royston Hockey Club’s teams last weekend.
With the mens’ 3rds and ladies’ 2nds, 3rds and 4ths taking a week off, only four of the club’s teams were in action.
The mens’ first team suffered a third straight defeat, following a 3-0 reverse at Stevenage’s first team.
The 2nds made amends for the first team’s loss, as they beat winless Harpenden 3rds 2-1.
It was the visitors who took an early lead as a angled cross deflected beyond keeper Chris Markham.
You may also want to watch:
Carl Taylor got his side back on level terms shortly after though.
Supplied by Graham Johnson-Mack, Taylor steamed towards goal and unleashed a powerful effort into the net.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 6 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
Darren Hicks then put Royston in front after steering the ball home from 10 yards and the hosts held out for their fourth win of the season.
There was no luck for the men’s 4ths who lost 2-0 at home to Cheshunt 3rds.
Royston ladies’ first team were the only females in action and they continued their promotion push with a 4-2 away win at mid-table Potters Bar’s first team.
Sophie Gathercole’s hat-trick and another from Sarah Buckerfield secured victory six of the season.