Royston Hockey Club men’s 2nds and ladies’ firsts bag wins
- Credit: Archant
Royston Hockey Club’s men’s 2nds and ladies’ first team were the only victors in their respective league encounters last weekend.
Skipper Owen Russell bagged four goals as the 2nds battered basement side Bedford 4ths 8-0.
A brace from Carl Taylor and individual efforts from Duncan Warner and Matt Allsopp sealed the massive win.
The ladies’ first team find themselves back in the promotion zone after seeing off Southend’s first team 7-1 at home.
Doubles from Kirsty McKenzie, Sophie Gathercole and Sarah Buckerfield and another from Vicki Bidwell handed the in-form ladies all three points.
You may also want to watch:
The men’s first team battled hard but just fell short, losing 5-3 at home to West Herts 3rds.
In contrast, Royston 3rds could not muster a goal as they lost 3-0 at home to Stevenage 4ths.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
Keith Markham temporarily brought Royston 4ths level in their clash at Hertford 4ths but errors allowed the hosts to easily complete a 5-1 win.
In the ladies clashes, the 3rds battled back from a goal down to claim a point at home to Bedford 3rds. Rachael Savage with the goal.
The 4ths were hammered 10-0 on home soil by West Herts 4ths.