Royston Hockey Club men’s 2nds and ladies’ firsts bag wins
- Credit: Archant
Royston Hockey Club’s men’s 2nds and ladies’ first team were the only victors in their respective league encounters last weekend.
Skipper Owen Russell bagged four goals as the 2nds battered basement side Bedford 4ths 8-0.
A brace from Carl Taylor and individual efforts from Duncan Warner and Matt Allsopp sealed the massive win.
The ladies’ first team find themselves back in the promotion zone after seeing off Southend’s first team 7-1 at home.
Doubles from Kirsty McKenzie, Sophie Gathercole and Sarah Buckerfield and another from Vicki Bidwell handed the in-form ladies all three points.
You may also want to watch:
The men’s first team battled hard but just fell short, losing 5-3 at home to West Herts 3rds.
In contrast, Royston 3rds could not muster a goal as they lost 3-0 at home to Stevenage 4ths.
- 1 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 2 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 5 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 6 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 9 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 10 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
Keith Markham temporarily brought Royston 4ths level in their clash at Hertford 4ths but errors allowed the hosts to easily complete a 5-1 win.
In the ladies clashes, the 3rds battled back from a goal down to claim a point at home to Bedford 3rds. Rachael Savage with the goal.
The 4ths were hammered 10-0 on home soil by West Herts 4ths.