Royston Heath Club off the mark in Hertfordshire Short Metric Summer Archery League
- Credit: Archant
Royston Heath Archery Club defeated Knebworth’s Green Dragon Bowmen in their opening Hertfordshire Short Metric Summer League match of the season on Saturday,
A short metric is six dozen arrows, three at fifty metres and three at thirty.
Four of Royston’s five shooters achieved personal bests with the hosts claiming a 2,748 to 2,690 points win.
Jack Corps (593), Michael Wright (591), Paul Williams (536), Jamie Cattrell (516) and Andrew Cox (512) were Royston’s scorers.
Heath next face Hertford Company of Archers on June 12.
You may also want to watch:
If anyone is interested in taking up archery, RHAC is holding an open day as part of Archery GB’s Big Weekend this Saturday between 10am-4pm.
For more information go to www.roystonarchery.org
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 8 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 9 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 10 Colney Heath in line for promotion after FA decide to restructure non-league pyramid