Royston Heath Archery Club enjoy visit from European guests
As part of the town twinning event from Großalmerode at the weekend, several of the German town’s archers visited England and made contact with Royston Heath Archery Club.
The archers met on the Heath on Saturday afternoon and took part in a shoot.
Royston’s guests were apparently more used to field shooting and shooting 3D targets in more of a woodland setting but the club introduced them to target shooting which they enjoyed.
The visitors presented Royston with a trophy which they intend to use as the prize for the most improved archer of the year.
Elsewhere, Royston’s archers have finished top in both of their leagues in this year’s Selby Postal competition.
Royston recurve A team won League 10, winning four matches with just one loss.
The recurve B squad won League 17 with five wins out of five. Both teams have been promoted.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 3 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 4 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 5 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 6 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge view portrait of themselves at Fitzwilliam Museum
- 7 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 8 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
- 9 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 10 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
Unfortunately the club’s compound team won two and lost three this season, ending mid-table.
The Royston recurve archers also fared better than last year in the Hertfordshire Summer Short Metric League, finishing fourth out of nine teams.
Two Royston archers, Michael Wright and Jack Corps, have achieved Bowman classification this year which puts them into the top 15 per cent in the country.
Corps is currently ranked 115 in the 2016 Archery GB Target Archery National Rankings.