Royston Heath Archery Club enjoy visit from European guests
As part of the town twinning event from Großalmerode at the weekend, several of the German town’s archers visited England and made contact with Royston Heath Archery Club.
The archers met on the Heath on Saturday afternoon and took part in a shoot.
Royston’s guests were apparently more used to field shooting and shooting 3D targets in more of a woodland setting but the club introduced them to target shooting which they enjoyed.
The visitors presented Royston with a trophy which they intend to use as the prize for the most improved archer of the year.
Elsewhere, Royston’s archers have finished top in both of their leagues in this year’s Selby Postal competition.
Royston recurve A team won League 10, winning four matches with just one loss.
The recurve B squad won League 17 with five wins out of five. Both teams have been promoted.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 4 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 5 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 8 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 9 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 10 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
Unfortunately the club’s compound team won two and lost three this season, ending mid-table.
The Royston recurve archers also fared better than last year in the Hertfordshire Summer Short Metric League, finishing fourth out of nine teams.
Two Royston archers, Michael Wright and Jack Corps, have achieved Bowman classification this year which puts them into the top 15 per cent in the country.
Corps is currently ranked 115 in the 2016 Archery GB Target Archery National Rankings.