Gymnastics: Royston youngsters impress at competition
- Credit: Archant
Royston Leisure Centre’s gymnastics club competed in the Stevenage Sports Acrobatics Leadership Academy competition recently.
The Marriotts Sports Centre in Stevenage welcomed over 100 gymnasts, from as young as six years old, from five different clubs.
And that included no fewer than 32 from Royston, with most youngsters having their first experience of tournament action.
Eden Southwell, Alice Perkins, Loki Nottingham, Kyloe Allen, Olaana Marinkovic, Poppy Pallant, Alice Parnwell and Maisie Clay were among the trophy winners for Royston.
And coach Alison Fuller said: “I’m so proud of these gymnasts. It was great to see them overcome their nerves and enjoy competing in front of a crowd. Hopefully the experience has helped them all grow in confidence.”
You may also want to watch:
Royston Gymnastics Club also thanked Andrea Allen and Lisa Lavelle from the Stevenage Sports Acrobatics Club Leadership Academy for organising the competition and all the gymnasts, judges, helps and parents who helped make it such an enjoyable and successful event.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 4 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside