Gymnastics: Royston youngsters impress at competition
- Credit: Archant
Royston Leisure Centre’s gymnastics club competed in the Stevenage Sports Acrobatics Leadership Academy competition recently.
The Marriotts Sports Centre in Stevenage welcomed over 100 gymnasts, from as young as six years old, from five different clubs.
And that included no fewer than 32 from Royston, with most youngsters having their first experience of tournament action.
Eden Southwell, Alice Perkins, Loki Nottingham, Kyloe Allen, Olaana Marinkovic, Poppy Pallant, Alice Parnwell and Maisie Clay were among the trophy winners for Royston.
And coach Alison Fuller said: “I’m so proud of these gymnasts. It was great to see them overcome their nerves and enjoy competing in front of a crowd. Hopefully the experience has helped them all grow in confidence.”
You may also want to watch:
Royston Gymnastics Club also thanked Andrea Allen and Lisa Lavelle from the Stevenage Sports Acrobatics Club Leadership Academy for organising the competition and all the gymnasts, judges, helps and parents who helped make it such an enjoyable and successful event.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 6 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 7 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 8 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College