Royston grab a point
Royston V 1 Bishop s Stortford VI 1 A SURPRISE draw gave Royston a point against a strong Stortford side on Saturday. Royston s better hockey came during the first half with the midfield supporting the forwards well and creating a number of chances. The
Royston V 1
Bishop's Stortford VI 1
A SURPRISE draw gave Royston a point against a strong Stortford side on Saturday.
Royston's better hockey came during the first half with the midfield supporting the forwards well and creating a number of chances.
You may also want to watch:
The home side opened the scoring with a push from skipper Brian Mayoss through the middle to allow Lee Warner to score just before half time.
Right from the start of the second half Stortford then dominated the game having most of the play but finding it difficult to score.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 6 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 7 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 8 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
With some excellent defending from Royston it took until ten minutes before the end of the match for Stortford to score the equalizer.
Royston then had keeper Gary Pinner to thank for save after save to give Royston the well deserved point from a game that left Stortford wondering why they could not find the wining goal.