Royston grab a point
Royston V 1 Bishop s Stortford VI 1 A SURPRISE draw gave Royston a point against a strong Stortford side on Saturday. Royston s better hockey came during the first half with the midfield supporting the forwards well and creating a number of chances. The
Royston V 1
Bishop's Stortford VI 1
A SURPRISE draw gave Royston a point against a strong Stortford side on Saturday.
Royston's better hockey came during the first half with the midfield supporting the forwards well and creating a number of chances.
The home side opened the scoring with a push from skipper Brian Mayoss through the middle to allow Lee Warner to score just before half time.
Right from the start of the second half Stortford then dominated the game having most of the play but finding it difficult to score.
- 1 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 4 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 7 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 8 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 9 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
- 10 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
With some excellent defending from Royston it took until ten minutes before the end of the match for Stortford to score the equalizer.
Royston then had keeper Gary Pinner to thank for save after save to give Royston the well deserved point from a game that left Stortford wondering why they could not find the wining goal.