Royston grab a point
Royston V 1 Bishop s Stortford VI 1 A SURPRISE draw gave Royston a point against a strong Stortford side on Saturday. Royston s better hockey came during the first half with the midfield supporting the forwards well and creating a number of chances. The
Royston V 1
Bishop's Stortford VI 1
A SURPRISE draw gave Royston a point against a strong Stortford side on Saturday.
Royston's better hockey came during the first half with the midfield supporting the forwards well and creating a number of chances.
The home side opened the scoring with a push from skipper Brian Mayoss through the middle to allow Lee Warner to score just before half time.
Right from the start of the second half Stortford then dominated the game having most of the play but finding it difficult to score.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 3 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 4 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 5 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 6 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 7 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 8 Citizens Advice: Your rights should anything get lost or delayed in the post
- 9 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 10 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
With some excellent defending from Royston it took until ten minutes before the end of the match for Stortford to score the equalizer.
Royston then had keeper Gary Pinner to thank for save after save to give Royston the well deserved point from a game that left Stortford wondering why they could not find the wining goal.