Royston grab a point
Royston V 1 Bishop s Stortford VI 1 A SURPRISE draw gave Royston a point against a strong Stortford side on Saturday. Royston s better hockey came during the first half with the midfield supporting the forwards well and creating a number of chances. The
Royston V 1
Bishop's Stortford VI 1
A SURPRISE draw gave Royston a point against a strong Stortford side on Saturday.
Royston's better hockey came during the first half with the midfield supporting the forwards well and creating a number of chances.
You may also want to watch:
The home side opened the scoring with a push from skipper Brian Mayoss through the middle to allow Lee Warner to score just before half time.
Right from the start of the second half Stortford then dominated the game having most of the play but finding it difficult to score.
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
With some excellent defending from Royston it took until ten minutes before the end of the match for Stortford to score the equalizer.
Royston then had keeper Gary Pinner to thank for save after save to give Royston the well deserved point from a game that left Stortford wondering why they could not find the wining goal.