Royston golfer chosen for Cambridgeshire and Hunts squad
- Credit: Archant
A Royston golfer has been selected to represent a Cambridgeshire and Hunts girls’ team at this month’s Junior County Match Days taking place at Bedfordshire’s John O’Gaunt Golf Club.
Following an extensive coaching and training programme under the watchful eye of county coach Alan Fletcher, Emily Smith is one of eight youngsters included in the county team for the event which takes place between August 17-19.
Smith, who was crowned girls’ scratch champion at the Cambridgeshire Schools Golf Championships back in May, will compete in five singles matches over the three-day event.
The team will square off against hosts Bedfordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk in their quest to lift the county trophy.
Squad - Emily Smith (Royston), Chalani Allen, Jade Guest, Lindie Tapping and Sophie Nichol (Gogs), Chloe Ashman and Ella Mason (Ely City) and Chloe Neal (St Neots).
You may also want to watch:
Reserves - Chloe Drewery (Brampton Park) and Morgan Tritton (St Neots).
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 8 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme