Royston golfer chosen for Cambridgeshire and Hunts squad
- Credit: Archant
A Royston golfer has been selected to represent a Cambridgeshire and Hunts girls’ team at this month’s Junior County Match Days taking place at Bedfordshire’s John O’Gaunt Golf Club.
Following an extensive coaching and training programme under the watchful eye of county coach Alan Fletcher, Emily Smith is one of eight youngsters included in the county team for the event which takes place between August 17-19.
Smith, who was crowned girls’ scratch champion at the Cambridgeshire Schools Golf Championships back in May, will compete in five singles matches over the three-day event.
The team will square off against hosts Bedfordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk in their quest to lift the county trophy.
Squad - Emily Smith (Royston), Chalani Allen, Jade Guest, Lindie Tapping and Sophie Nichol (Gogs), Chloe Ashman and Ella Mason (Ely City) and Chloe Neal (St Neots).
You may also want to watch:
Reserves - Chloe Drewery (Brampton Park) and Morgan Tritton (St Neots).
- 1 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 6 Commissioner to grill Herts Police chief over stalking powers 'failure'
- 7 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts