Royston golf round-up
JUNIOR member Andrew Brooker won the Rotary Charity Shield at Royston Golf Club on Saturday. With the weather set fair and the course in excellent condition, Andrew amassed an incredible 46 stableford points, with 25 points on the back nine – finishing i
JUNIOR member Andrew Brooker won the Rotary Charity Shield at Royston Golf Club on Saturday.
With the weather set fair and the course in excellent condition, Andrew amassed an incredible 46 stableford points, with 25 points on the back nine - finishing in style with a birdie on the eighteenth.
Fellow junior, John Middlemass, was second with 42 along with Tom Clayton. Twelve other players also played below their handicaps with 37 points or more. Tracey Parsons followed up her win in the Flag Competition by leading the Ladies Competition with 34 points, just ahead of Paula Offer. Olivia Davey was third on countback , just edging out Linda Lakey.
Adam Wright won the Junior Medal with a nett 71, just ahead of County under 16 Captain, Jordan Hardwidge.
You may also want to watch:
The juniors also played their first round of the County Knockout Cup at St Ives last week and despite a heroic performance from James Smith and Tom Porter, it was down to the final pairing of Matt Barrett and Daniel Smith, who missed the first extra hole to lose the match.
Junior Captain, Greg Fyson and John Middlemass, recovered well after a poor start, but eventually lost 3&2.
- 1 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 5 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 6 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 7 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 8 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 9 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 10 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
Jenny Jarvis won the Ladies Medal ahead of Val Squires and Mary Wilson.
This week sees the fist major trophy on offer for the Men. The Hastings Cup has attracted an entry of over 100 players, for a trophy that was first played for in 1970.
Midweek Golfers Stableford results: Phil Vince - 38, Jim Hopkins - 38, Keith Taylor - 37, Mick Hall - 35.
Yellowball Team Stableford:
Nigel Thomas, Peter Rutter & Paul Hayden - 120 Ben Bennett, Paul Mepham &, Robin Coles - 117, John Smith, John Rich & Terry Bonnett - 117, Mike Phizacklea, Kevin Bevan, Stuart Farrow - 117.