Royston Golf Club hole classed as one of the toughest in England
- Credit: ROYSTON GC
A hole at Royston Golf Club has been named as one of the toughest in England.
The eighth hole at the Therfield Heath club is 366 yards long and par four and following a study done by Golfshake.com, it found itself eighth toughest among 54 across the country.
Thousands of their golfers used their score tracker system to produce the rankings with a minimum of 30 rounds required to count.
It left the eighth with an average score of 5.71, well above it's par four average, and among such luminaries as the 18th at the Belfry, a famous venue of the Ryder Cup.
The course is currently closed due to the latest lockdown and will remain so until further notice.
However, work continues behind the scenes with the green staff carrying out necessary maintenance work on the course and refurbishing the main bar with new carpets and curtains, purchased from the community, among other improvements.
This is possible thanks to very generous donations by anonymous donors which the club say they are "incredibly grateful for".
- 1 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 5 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 6 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 7 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 8 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Reed break run of defeats with hard-fought draw at Harpenden