Royston Golf Club sparkles in spring-like sunshine as members produce fine scores
- Credit: Archant
After snow and gale-force winds spring-like sunshine had Royston Golf Club looking perfect for the weekend club matches.
In the men’s medal on Saturday, Phil Martin came first with a nett 69 on count back from Simon Clark and Helen Steverson took the honours for the ladies with a nett 75 ahead of Sue Bidwell.
There had been more fine scoring a day earlier as Alan Saunders won with 40 points on count back from Dave Rowell.
Mark Crowley also scored 40 points in the Thursday roll-up ahead of Chris Kivotos on 37 and Ray Boddy was first in the Wednesday midweek competition with 37 on count back from Alan Hootton.
The ladies celebrated Valentine’s Day with a competition with chocolates and roses to be won on each hole. Libby Toby and Steph Denton were the outright winners.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, Leila Sharafenko, one of Royston’s most recent and new-to-golf members, scored 38 points in the ladies roll-up on Tuesday.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day