Royston Golf Club sparkles in spring-like sunshine as members produce fine scores
- Credit: Archant
After snow and gale-force winds spring-like sunshine had Royston Golf Club looking perfect for the weekend club matches.
In the men’s medal on Saturday, Phil Martin came first with a nett 69 on count back from Simon Clark and Helen Steverson took the honours for the ladies with a nett 75 ahead of Sue Bidwell.
There had been more fine scoring a day earlier as Alan Saunders won with 40 points on count back from Dave Rowell.
Mark Crowley also scored 40 points in the Thursday roll-up ahead of Chris Kivotos on 37 and Ray Boddy was first in the Wednesday midweek competition with 37 on count back from Alan Hootton.
The ladies celebrated Valentine’s Day with a competition with chocolates and roses to be won on each hole. Libby Toby and Steph Denton were the outright winners.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, Leila Sharafenko, one of Royston’s most recent and new-to-golf members, scored 38 points in the ladies roll-up on Tuesday.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims