Royston Golf Club’s Percival is the champion
- Credit: Archant
TREVOR Percival has been crowned as Seniors Winters League champion at Royston Golf Club.
The final round could not take place due to snow and as the rules state play only up to end March, Percival, pictured, retained his one point lead to win this year’s trophy.
The competition was a great success with 258 rounds played by senior members.
Of these players, 25 returned six or more cards, so without doubt this is a popular competition.
Percival finished as overall winner with a total of 234 points just edging out Jim Hopkins with 233 points, in second. Keith Taylor was third with 220 points and John Fyson fourth with 219 points.
You may also want to watch:
n The Saturday stableford competition resulted in the closest of finishes with first, second and third place payers all scoring 38 points. On countback, the winner was Alan Evans followed by Jim Hart and Graham Richardson.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Commissioner to grill Herts Police chief over stalking powers 'failure'