Royston Golf Club’s Percival is the champion
- Credit: Archant
TREVOR Percival has been crowned as Seniors Winters League champion at Royston Golf Club.
The final round could not take place due to snow and as the rules state play only up to end March, Percival, pictured, retained his one point lead to win this year’s trophy.
The competition was a great success with 258 rounds played by senior members.
Of these players, 25 returned six or more cards, so without doubt this is a popular competition.
Percival finished as overall winner with a total of 234 points just edging out Jim Hopkins with 233 points, in second. Keith Taylor was third with 220 points and John Fyson fourth with 219 points.
You may also want to watch:
n The Saturday stableford competition resulted in the closest of finishes with first, second and third place payers all scoring 38 points. On countback, the winner was Alan Evans followed by Jim Hart and Graham Richardson.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 4 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 5 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 8 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 9 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe