Royston Golf Club round-up
MARK Bailey, Darren Thompson, Paul Lewis and Luke Bailey won the Texas Scramble at Royston Golf Club on Saturday with an incredible nine under par round of 61. Despite the blustery conditions, the quartet managed three two s on the card to win with an imp
MARK Bailey, Darren Thompson, Paul Lewis and Luke Bailey won the Texas Scramble at Royston Golf Club on Saturday with an incredible nine under par round of 61.
Despite the blustery conditions, the quartet managed three two's on the card to win with an impressive seven-stroke margin. Winners of the handicap section were Adrian Shoebridge, Ben Bennett, Stuart Hart and Steve de Fraine.
In the Hospital Cup, which raised funds for Royston Hospital, attracted a large entry and the Ladies section was won by Denise Moody with a fantastic score of 43 points. The 19-handicapper dropped only five strokes to par over the back nine and has now seen her handicap trimmed to 16.
Sarah Buckerfield finished second with 37 and Lady Vice Captain, Karen Pearson, was third.
You may also want to watch:
In the men's section, Kevin Spencer finished top of the pile with 41 points. He was hard pushed by Steve de Fraine (40) and Adrian Shoebridge (39) while a quartet of players finished on 38.
Pam bonnet won the Bogey Cup on Thursday with a score of -2 in what were tricky conditions.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 4 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 5 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 8 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 9 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
She played the front nine immaculately, but a few double bogeys on the back nine dropped her back towards the pack. However, runner-up, Val Squires, had three poor holes that left her just one behind Pam. Libby Toby finished third on -5.
Elsewhere, Jim Hopkins won the midweek Golfers Stableford with 37 points ahead of Keith Taylor (35), Doug Moule, David Cattley and John Galloway who all finished with 33 points.
Linda Lakey won the Ladies Spring Meeting with a net 71 ahead of Jenny Jarvis (72), Pam Bonnett (73) and Karen Pearson (73).
Stuart Farrow won the Men's Medal with a net 71 ahead of Trevor Deards (72) and Stewart Hart (72).