Royston Golf Club round-up
MARK Bailey, Darren Thompson, Paul Lewis and Luke Bailey won the Texas Scramble at Royston Golf Club on Saturday with an incredible nine under par round of 61. Despite the blustery conditions, the quartet managed three two s on the card to win with an imp
MARK Bailey, Darren Thompson, Paul Lewis and Luke Bailey won the Texas Scramble at Royston Golf Club on Saturday with an incredible nine under par round of 61.
Despite the blustery conditions, the quartet managed three two's on the card to win with an impressive seven-stroke margin. Winners of the handicap section were Adrian Shoebridge, Ben Bennett, Stuart Hart and Steve de Fraine.
In the Hospital Cup, which raised funds for Royston Hospital, attracted a large entry and the Ladies section was won by Denise Moody with a fantastic score of 43 points. The 19-handicapper dropped only five strokes to par over the back nine and has now seen her handicap trimmed to 16.
Sarah Buckerfield finished second with 37 and Lady Vice Captain, Karen Pearson, was third.
In the men's section, Kevin Spencer finished top of the pile with 41 points. He was hard pushed by Steve de Fraine (40) and Adrian Shoebridge (39) while a quartet of players finished on 38.
Pam bonnet won the Bogey Cup on Thursday with a score of -2 in what were tricky conditions.
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 5 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 6 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 7 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 8 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 9 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
She played the front nine immaculately, but a few double bogeys on the back nine dropped her back towards the pack. However, runner-up, Val Squires, had three poor holes that left her just one behind Pam. Libby Toby finished third on -5.
Elsewhere, Jim Hopkins won the midweek Golfers Stableford with 37 points ahead of Keith Taylor (35), Doug Moule, David Cattley and John Galloway who all finished with 33 points.
Linda Lakey won the Ladies Spring Meeting with a net 71 ahead of Jenny Jarvis (72), Pam Bonnett (73) and Karen Pearson (73).
Stuart Farrow won the Men's Medal with a net 71 ahead of Trevor Deards (72) and Stewart Hart (72).