Royston Golf Club delighted to see sport's return move closer
- Credit: ROYSTON GOLF
A new season is back at Royston Golf Club from next month - and it could not have come at a better time.
The easing of lockdown restrictions starts next week with members allowed back on the course from March 29, ahead of what they expect to be a very busy Easter weekend.
There will be a small delay before formal competitions get going but visitors are allowed back from April 12.
That does mean that those townsfolk who have been using Therfield Heath for recreation will now have company and the club have asked "the general public to be considerate to where they are walking, both from a golfing and nature perspective".
The club may have been shut for a number of months but that doesn't mean they have been idle.
They have again met the standards by England Golf to achieve the SafeGolf accreditation and they are now looking to launch a new academy membership.
This is aimed at people looking to take up golf as a new hobby and will provide an introduction to the sport. It is expected to start in May.
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 4 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 7 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 8 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 9 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 10 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
The club's resident professional Luke Bailey has also become an accredited PGA pro while the ladies’ section has achieved the Women in Golf Charter, making them one of only two clubs within Cambs & Hunts Women's Golf to have this status.