Royston Golf Club looks forward to a busy 2011
ROYSTON Golf Club’s Alex Bridge and Charlie Winter were the winners of the fourball stableford on Sunday amassing 40 points in testing conditions.
Ted Prestbury and Gary Fortune took the runners-up spot on countback from Peter Rutter and Paul Hayden and both pairs finished with 38 points.
Ray Sammons returned to form and won the Saturday Stableford with 37 points. The 10-handicapper shot level par for the last 10 holes to edge out Graham Richardson by just a point.
In a battle of the giants, Criag Holson finished third with a creditable 35 points.
John Griffin scored a hole-in-one on Wednesday playing in the midweek golfer’s competition. His ace at the 16th, with a well struck eight iron, disappeared into the hole landing him a nice bar bill.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the 2011 club captains have taken office and are looking forward to a full schedule of events at the club.
Men’s captain, Barry Buckerfield, is relishing his task and is looking forward to welcoming many of the new members to enter the regular competitions and club matches in the coming months.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Commissioner to grill Herts Police chief over stalking powers 'failure'