Royston Golf Club looks forward to a busy 2011
ROYSTON Golf Club’s Alex Bridge and Charlie Winter were the winners of the fourball stableford on Sunday amassing 40 points in testing conditions.
Ted Prestbury and Gary Fortune took the runners-up spot on countback from Peter Rutter and Paul Hayden and both pairs finished with 38 points.
Ray Sammons returned to form and won the Saturday Stableford with 37 points. The 10-handicapper shot level par for the last 10 holes to edge out Graham Richardson by just a point.
In a battle of the giants, Criag Holson finished third with a creditable 35 points.
John Griffin scored a hole-in-one on Wednesday playing in the midweek golfer’s competition. His ace at the 16th, with a well struck eight iron, disappeared into the hole landing him a nice bar bill.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the 2011 club captains have taken office and are looking forward to a full schedule of events at the club.
Men’s captain, Barry Buckerfield, is relishing his task and is looking forward to welcoming many of the new members to enter the regular competitions and club matches in the coming months.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge