Royston Golf Club hoping national scheme can help boost participation figures
- Credit: Archant
With Royston Golf Club welcoming new members for the spring and summer season, the club has appointed a new head professional to take the reins of a national initiative looking to promote participation in the sport.
Ryan Wingate will hope to increase membership and playing figures through a low-cost introductory programme entitled ‘Get into Golf’.
The new scheme, run by the England Golf Partnership, is looking to inspire people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities to take up the game.
Wingate said: “More and more people are turning to golf as a great way to enjoy fresh air, friendship and exercise but it has a reputation of being a bit pricey with memberships and buying clubs for example.
“I am keen that our new golfers feel welcome. Golf is so much more enjoyable when you mix with others and have support from other members.
You may also want to watch:
“Our package is special because I have the enthusiastic support of a large group of Royston’s members who will make sure all new starters are made to feel at home at the club and on the course.”
Any interested players can sign up for five lessons, held in groups of eight, and includes a seven iron to add to your bag for £20.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
If you enjoy your first five lessons, an additional five lessons are available for £45. ‘Get into Golf’ group lessons begin on Saturday mornings next month but numbers are limited.
Additionally, Wingate runs individual lessons for members and non-members of all abilities and ages which will build your confidence and improve your golfing skills.
For more information about membership, lessons or ‘Get into Golf, drop in for a chat at the pro shop or get in touch by phone on 01763 243476, email or visit www.roystongolfclub.co.uk.
Royston Golf Club, while seeking to expand their membership numbers, also offers a ‘pay and play’ option.
The course is also available to non-members, occasional golfers and societies.