Royston Golf Club delight with two holes-in-one in a week!
- Credit: Archant
Royston Golf Club saw two holes-in-ones this week.
Club members were delighted on Thursday as Barry Buckerfield produced the first hole-in-one on the par-three, 12th hole, before chipping in from the green on the 13th for a birdie.
Despite his performance Buckerfield missed out on top spot on the day, which went to Tony Skinner on 41 points.
Sunday saw the second hole-in-one, with Keith Cridland holing in on the sixth in the November Medal. Cridland finished with a round of 68, enough for fourth spot behind John Davidson.
Saturday saw the captain’s farewell stableford, with Ray Boddy supplying a generous prize list. Sam Chipperfield overcame wet conditions to win on 41 points, with Andrew Sutton and Ollie Bance on 38 points behind, with Sutton taking second on countback.
Clive Middlemass and past captain Sid Seward finished with scores of 66 but it was Middlemass who won.
The Royston Crow cannot confirm if Barry and Keith celebrated by buying members a round of drinks at the 19th hole.
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 5 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 7 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 8 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 9 Partygate is a kick in the teeth for South Cambs residents, says Lib Dem candidate
- 10 CADS committee cancel Royston's 2022 pantomime Snow White