Royston Golf Club delight with two holes-in-one in a week!
- Credit: Archant
Royston Golf Club saw two holes-in-ones this week.
Club members were delighted on Thursday as Barry Buckerfield produced the first hole-in-one on the par-three, 12th hole, before chipping in from the green on the 13th for a birdie.
Despite his performance Buckerfield missed out on top spot on the day, which went to Tony Skinner on 41 points.
Sunday saw the second hole-in-one, with Keith Cridland holing in on the sixth in the November Medal. Cridland finished with a round of 68, enough for fourth spot behind John Davidson.
Saturday saw the captain’s farewell stableford, with Ray Boddy supplying a generous prize list. Sam Chipperfield overcame wet conditions to win on 41 points, with Andrew Sutton and Ollie Bance on 38 points behind, with Sutton taking second on countback.
You may also want to watch:
Clive Middlemass and past captain Sid Seward finished with scores of 66 but it was Middlemass who won.
The Royston Crow cannot confirm if Barry and Keith celebrated by buying members a round of drinks at the 19th hole.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 10 Covid jabs update: 'Bring us closer to freedom' plea