Royston Golf Club delight with two holes-in-one in a week!
- Credit: Archant
Royston Golf Club saw two holes-in-ones this week.
Club members were delighted on Thursday as Barry Buckerfield produced the first hole-in-one on the par-three, 12th hole, before chipping in from the green on the 13th for a birdie.
Despite his performance Buckerfield missed out on top spot on the day, which went to Tony Skinner on 41 points.
Sunday saw the second hole-in-one, with Keith Cridland holing in on the sixth in the November Medal. Cridland finished with a round of 68, enough for fourth spot behind John Davidson.
Saturday saw the captain’s farewell stableford, with Ray Boddy supplying a generous prize list. Sam Chipperfield overcame wet conditions to win on 41 points, with Andrew Sutton and Ollie Bance on 38 points behind, with Sutton taking second on countback.
You may also want to watch:
Clive Middlemass and past captain Sid Seward finished with scores of 66 but it was Middlemass who won.
The Royston Crow cannot confirm if Barry and Keith celebrated by buying members a round of drinks at the 19th hole.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 8 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme