Royston Golf Club beat seniors
ROYSTON Golf club took on its own senior side (The Pulsatillas) and won on a cold, windy heath. Fifty six golfers took part and the non-seniors team ran out victors by seven four-ball games to six, although they had left it late to win. With all but two g
ROYSTON Golf club took on its own senior side (The Pulsatillas) and won on a cold, windy heath.
Fifty six golfers took part and the non-seniors team ran out victors by seven four-ball games to six, although they had left it late to win.
With all but two games having finished, the Pulsatillas (named after a rare flower which grows on Royston heath) led by one game but unfortunately for them their last two pairs were unable to bring about a win: Paddy Kilbride and John Humphreys lost to club chairman Keith Pitts and Tony Funstan, and then Colin Roberts and Roy Newbury lost out to Steve Pitman and Colin Brown.
The loss was soon forgetten, however, as both teams followed the match with a few drinks and a joint lunch.
You may also want to watch:
Other golfing results:
Ladies Medal, November 13: Winner: Tina Collins, runner-up Pam Bonnett.
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 3 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 4 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 5 Publish and be damned: 'farmgate' report goes to the vote
- 6 Pupils become journalists for class topic
- 7 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 8 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 9 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 10 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease
Ladies alternate medal, November 15: Winner Alice Lewis, runner-up Jo Hillard.
Mens Saturday Medal, November 15: Winner Chris Offer, runner-up James McKenzie.
Men's Sunday Fourball Stableford, November 16: Winner Steve Rogers and Phil Neep, runners-up Ian Coath and Peter Tiday.