Royston goalkeeper gets Leicester City trial
Championship side hand Will Norris a trial after impressive displays this season
Will Norris spent yesterday (Thursday) on trial at Championship side Leicester City.
The Royston Town teenager was invited for a trial after Leicester approached the Crows following a string of impressive displays by Norris since the 18-year-old goalkeeper made his debut against Leverstock Green in October.
His performances have been recognised by Leicester who sent scouts to assess his qualities over a few games. The East Midlands club then approached the Crows with a view to Norris spending a day training at the impressive Walkers Stadium training facility and the youngster was put through his paces alongside the club’s other goalkeepers including current first team stopper Kasper Schmeichel, son of former Danish international and Manchester United legend Peter Schmeichel.
Norris then took part in a full scale training game with the first team squad with Crows first team manager Paul Attfield in attendance.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking about the trial, Attfield said: “It was a great experience for Will to train with senior coaches and players at Leicester City. What I was allowed to watch he did extremely well and looked very confident.
“The facilities at the training set up are immensely impressive and we were made to feel very welcome. I am sure they will keep tabs on Will in the near future which is great for him at such a young age and fantastic for our football club.”
- 1 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 8 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 9 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images