Royston goalkeeper gets Leicester City trial
Championship side hand Will Norris a trial after impressive displays this season
Will Norris spent yesterday (Thursday) on trial at Championship side Leicester City.
The Royston Town teenager was invited for a trial after Leicester approached the Crows following a string of impressive displays by Norris since the 18-year-old goalkeeper made his debut against Leverstock Green in October.
His performances have been recognised by Leicester who sent scouts to assess his qualities over a few games. The East Midlands club then approached the Crows with a view to Norris spending a day training at the impressive Walkers Stadium training facility and the youngster was put through his paces alongside the club’s other goalkeepers including current first team stopper Kasper Schmeichel, son of former Danish international and Manchester United legend Peter Schmeichel.
Norris then took part in a full scale training game with the first team squad with Crows first team manager Paul Attfield in attendance.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking about the trial, Attfield said: “It was a great experience for Will to train with senior coaches and players at Leicester City. What I was allowed to watch he did extremely well and looked very confident.
“The facilities at the training set up are immensely impressive and we were made to feel very welcome. I am sure they will keep tabs on Will in the near future which is great for him at such a young age and fantastic for our football club.”
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event