Royston go top of division one
Royston Town 5 Sporting London e Benfica 0 ROYSTON Town made it 11 goals in two games as they went top of the table after a comfortable win against Sporting London e Benfica at Garden Walk. Captain for the day Craig Hammond set the ball rolling after four
Royston Town 5 Sporting London e Benfica 0
ROYSTON Town made it 11 goals in two games as they went top of the table after a comfortable win against Sporting London e Benfica at Garden Walk.
Captain for the day Craig Hammond set the ball rolling after four minutes and his goal was quickly followed by one from defender David Cain goal and then two strikes from winger Luke Robins.
With their team leading 4-0 going into the break, an expectant crowd was looking forward to cheering on more goals in the second half but they had to wait until the 90th minute when Hammond converted a penalty for Royston's fifth.
You may also want to watch:
The good news is that Royston have now won their last eight league games and went top of the South Midlands Division One table following Kings Langley's draw away to London Colney.
The bad news is that both Ross Collins and Luke Robbins were taken off injured during the game and both hobbled back into the clubhouse on crutches.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 6 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Bloomsday group's post-lockdown gathering to celebrate Joyce novel
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs