Royston fare well in County Singles matches
Royston Bowls Club weekly round-up
ROYSTON Bowls Club began the week with a flurry of successes, commencing with the County Singles last Thursday.
Peter Adams won his match against Aston’s Paddy Jones 21-19 while Stewart Brown beat fellow Royston teammate Mike Randall 21-6.
Royston’s national bowler Matt Coppen took on Ross Kilford from Roebuck and fought his way to a 21-12 success. Simon Lee had an equally comfortable 22-10 victory over Three Horseshoes’ Phil Wilkinson.
Will Martin was on fire as well in his match with Ted Pay (St Ippolyts) to win 22-6.
You may also want to watch:
Mick O’Flanagan found himself 7-0 down against Baldock’s Mike Parsons after just a few ends, before showing great determination to fight back and earn a 21-17 win.
Last up was Laurie Ramsay who took on Stevenage’s J Winters and it was the Royston bowler who took a 21-12 victory.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
Meanwhile, in the Meldreth & District League, Royston were away to Great Shelford. It was Royston who out-gunned their opponents on all four rinks to triumph 99-47 overall and collect seven bonus points.
In a Vets game of five mixed triples played last Thursday, Royston travelled to Whitethorn BC in Letchworth only to find themselves on the wrong end of a 95-59 scoreline.
Datchworth BC visited Royston on Saturday to play in a 6R mixed friendly match. It turned out to be a relaxing win for Royston who only lost on one rink, and coasted home by 104 shots to 76.
This very busy and triumphant week for Royston concluded with a
4R men & 2R ladies friendly against Sawbridgeworth played at Royston. The game was played in blustery conditions but Royston won on four rinks, and lost on two, with an honourable draw on rink six. Royston won by 119 shots to Sawbridgeworth’s 93 shots.