Royston fall well short at Stortford
Bishop s Stortford III 3 Royston 2 A DECENT performance still resulted in another terrible result for Royston at the weekend. Stortford started brightly and took an early lead from a short corner. The goal jump-started the Royston players who gradually
Bishop's Stortford III 3
A DECENT performance still resulted in another terrible result for Royston at the weekend.
Stortford started brightly and took an early lead from a short corner.
You may also want to watch:
The goal jump-started the Royston players who gradually took control of the game, and equalised when Nick Hurd fired in at the back post.
When the visitors' confidence grew they began to overwhelm their opponents as Owen Russell put them ahead before the break. Unfortunately the same old story began to unfold, as Royston let there performance and the lead slip.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 3 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 6 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 7 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Socially-distanced festival is a welcome return to pre-pandemic good times
- 10 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
An early goal in the second half for the home side forced Royston into their shells.
Although not entirely devoid of quality hockey, Royston's lack of concentration and thought, on and off the ball, made for an ugly second half.
The winning goal came with 10 minutes to play, from a Stortford player driving into the D and finishing well.
In truth Royston created plenty of chances to score via short corners, which have not been executed well enough in recent weeks.
The weaknesses in Royston's game are small but devastating and must the addressed with some urgency.