Royston fall well short at Stortford
Bishop s Stortford III 3 Royston 2 A DECENT performance still resulted in another terrible result for Royston at the weekend. Stortford started brightly and took an early lead from a short corner. The goal jump-started the Royston players who gradually
Bishop's Stortford III 3
A DECENT performance still resulted in another terrible result for Royston at the weekend.
Stortford started brightly and took an early lead from a short corner.
You may also want to watch:
The goal jump-started the Royston players who gradually took control of the game, and equalised when Nick Hurd fired in at the back post.
When the visitors' confidence grew they began to overwhelm their opponents as Owen Russell put them ahead before the break. Unfortunately the same old story began to unfold, as Royston let there performance and the lead slip.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
An early goal in the second half for the home side forced Royston into their shells.
Although not entirely devoid of quality hockey, Royston's lack of concentration and thought, on and off the ball, made for an ugly second half.
The winning goal came with 10 minutes to play, from a Stortford player driving into the D and finishing well.
In truth Royston created plenty of chances to score via short corners, which have not been executed well enough in recent weeks.
The weaknesses in Royston's game are small but devastating and must the addressed with some urgency.