Royston fail to capitalise
Bishop s Stortford Ladies IV 6 Royston Ladies II 3 DESPITE an encouraging win the week before and initially going two goals ahead Royston failed to capitalise and collect any points in their must win battle with relegation rivals, Stortford in their fin
Bishop's Stortford Ladies IV 6 Royston Ladies II 3
DESPITE an encouraging win the week before and initially going two goals ahead Royston failed to capitalise and collect any points in their must win battle with relegation rivals, Stortford in their final league game of the season.
Going into the game both teams were level on points, second and third from bottom, with both requiring a win to stand a chance of surviving the drop.
Royston took the early initiative and after 20 minutes were 2-0 up after two goals from short corners were well struck by Sarah Farmer.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors continued to press but to no avail and minutes before half time the home side struck to leave the game poised 2-1.
After the break the home side attacked from the onset and rapidly scored five more goals to leave Royston reeling at 6-2 down before player of the match Lucy Davidson added another shortly before time.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 8 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
- 9 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
Royston pressed and shot wide and hit the post in their desperate bid to get back into the game but with no success.
The match ended a turbulent league season for Royston II's where inconsistency has proved costly.
- Royston's first team won 3-0 against Hertford.
- Royston Ladies III were awarded the points in their penultimate game of the season when bottom of the table Berkhamsted & Hemel III failed to raise a team.
Royston must now win their final match to avoid relegation to Division Seven.