Royston fail to capitalise
Bishop s Stortford Ladies IV 6 Royston Ladies II 3 DESPITE an encouraging win the week before and initially going two goals ahead Royston failed to capitalise and collect any points in their must win battle with relegation rivals, Stortford in their fin
Bishop's Stortford Ladies IV 6 Royston Ladies II 3
DESPITE an encouraging win the week before and initially going two goals ahead Royston failed to capitalise and collect any points in their must win battle with relegation rivals, Stortford in their final league game of the season.
Going into the game both teams were level on points, second and third from bottom, with both requiring a win to stand a chance of surviving the drop.
Royston took the early initiative and after 20 minutes were 2-0 up after two goals from short corners were well struck by Sarah Farmer.
The visitors continued to press but to no avail and minutes before half time the home side struck to leave the game poised 2-1.
After the break the home side attacked from the onset and rapidly scored five more goals to leave Royston reeling at 6-2 down before player of the match Lucy Davidson added another shortly before time.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 4 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 5 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 10 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
Royston pressed and shot wide and hit the post in their desperate bid to get back into the game but with no success.
The match ended a turbulent league season for Royston II's where inconsistency has proved costly.
- Royston's first team won 3-0 against Hertford.
- Royston Ladies III were awarded the points in their penultimate game of the season when bottom of the table Berkhamsted & Hemel III failed to raise a team.
Royston must now win their final match to avoid relegation to Division Seven.