Royston fail to capitalise
Bishop s Stortford Ladies IV 6 Royston Ladies II 3 DESPITE an encouraging win the week before and initially going two goals ahead Royston failed to capitalise and collect any points in their must win battle with relegation rivals, Stortford in their fin
Bishop's Stortford Ladies IV 6 Royston Ladies II 3
DESPITE an encouraging win the week before and initially going two goals ahead Royston failed to capitalise and collect any points in their must win battle with relegation rivals, Stortford in their final league game of the season.
Going into the game both teams were level on points, second and third from bottom, with both requiring a win to stand a chance of surviving the drop.
Royston took the early initiative and after 20 minutes were 2-0 up after two goals from short corners were well struck by Sarah Farmer.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors continued to press but to no avail and minutes before half time the home side struck to leave the game poised 2-1.
After the break the home side attacked from the onset and rapidly scored five more goals to leave Royston reeling at 6-2 down before player of the match Lucy Davidson added another shortly before time.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
Royston pressed and shot wide and hit the post in their desperate bid to get back into the game but with no success.
The match ended a turbulent league season for Royston II's where inconsistency has proved costly.
- Royston's first team won 3-0 against Hertford.
- Royston Ladies III were awarded the points in their penultimate game of the season when bottom of the table Berkhamsted & Hemel III failed to raise a team.
Royston must now win their final match to avoid relegation to Division Seven.