Royston exit Floodlit Cup at hands of St Margaretsbury
- Credit: Archant
THERE was disappointment for Royston on Tuesday night as they exited the South Midlands Floodlit Cup after a 3-2 defeat away at St Margaretsbury in the second round.
Ryan Lockett netted a brace for the Crows, but it wasn’t enough as SSML Premier Division outfit St Margaretsbury progressed into the next round.
Royston boss Paul Attfield was unhappy at his side’s exit from the competition.
“We were very poor out there; the side I put out was good enough to win the game,” said Attfield.
“We probably had 75 per cent of the possession but didn’t take our chances. The performance wasn’t up to the standard I expect and of course I am disappointed to lose any game.”
You may also want to watch:
While it wasn’t a full strength Royston line-up for the cup game, the game offered some of the fringe players a chance to stake their claims for a regular place in the starting XI.
However, the defeat may well have left Attfield with more questions than answers in going out to lower-league opposition.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire