Royston exit Floodlit Cup at hands of St Margaretsbury
- Credit: Archant
THERE was disappointment for Royston on Tuesday night as they exited the South Midlands Floodlit Cup after a 3-2 defeat away at St Margaretsbury in the second round.
Ryan Lockett netted a brace for the Crows, but it wasn’t enough as SSML Premier Division outfit St Margaretsbury progressed into the next round.
Royston boss Paul Attfield was unhappy at his side’s exit from the competition.
“We were very poor out there; the side I put out was good enough to win the game,” said Attfield.
“We probably had 75 per cent of the possession but didn’t take our chances. The performance wasn’t up to the standard I expect and of course I am disappointed to lose any game.”
You may also want to watch:
While it wasn’t a full strength Royston line-up for the cup game, the game offered some of the fringe players a chance to stake their claims for a regular place in the starting XI.
However, the defeat may well have left Attfield with more questions than answers in going out to lower-league opposition.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre