Royston ease to victory
TABLE TENNIS THE NHTTA League matches produced some good results for Royston – albeit with some considerable help from the opposition. Back to full strength, the A team led the way with an unexpected 9-1 victory over a depleted Green Man B in the Premie
THE NHTTA League matches produced some good results for Royston - albeit with some considerable help from the opposition.
Back to full strength, the A team led the way with an unexpected 9-1 victory over a depleted Green Man B in the Premier Division.
Dave Bridger and John Manley each won their three singles games, while Simon Cockman won two and the doubles with Manley.
You may also want to watch:
In Division One the B team recorded a 10-0 win against Broadway B as their opponents failed to field a team.
In Division Two the C team again disappointed in managing only a 5-5 draw with Green Man F, with Haydn Gowan and Abigail Moore winning two singles apiece, and Gordon Barnes adding one.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
The D team benefited from their opponents Broadway D arriving with only two players, with Derek Clark and Andy Teemal winning two of the three singles games in Royston's 9-1 victory.
In Division Three the E team were no match for the promising juniors of Feathers Warriors, with only Fred Bendall recording a victory in their 9-1 defeat.