Royston ease to victory
TABLE TENNIS THE NHTTA League matches produced some good results for Royston – albeit with some considerable help from the opposition. Back to full strength, the A team led the way with an unexpected 9-1 victory over a depleted Green Man B in the Premie
THE NHTTA League matches produced some good results for Royston - albeit with some considerable help from the opposition.
Back to full strength, the A team led the way with an unexpected 9-1 victory over a depleted Green Man B in the Premier Division.
Dave Bridger and John Manley each won their three singles games, while Simon Cockman won two and the doubles with Manley.
In Division One the B team recorded a 10-0 win against Broadway B as their opponents failed to field a team.
In Division Two the C team again disappointed in managing only a 5-5 draw with Green Man F, with Haydn Gowan and Abigail Moore winning two singles apiece, and Gordon Barnes adding one.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 4 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 7 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 8 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 9 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 10 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge
The D team benefited from their opponents Broadway D arriving with only two players, with Derek Clark and Andy Teemal winning two of the three singles games in Royston's 9-1 victory.
In Division Three the E team were no match for the promising juniors of Feathers Warriors, with only Fred Bendall recording a victory in their 9-1 defeat.