Royston ease to victory
TABLE TENNIS THE NHTTA League matches produced some good results for Royston – albeit with some considerable help from the opposition. Back to full strength, the A team led the way with an unexpected 9-1 victory over a depleted Green Man B in the Premie
THE NHTTA League matches produced some good results for Royston - albeit with some considerable help from the opposition.
Back to full strength, the A team led the way with an unexpected 9-1 victory over a depleted Green Man B in the Premier Division.
Dave Bridger and John Manley each won their three singles games, while Simon Cockman won two and the doubles with Manley.
You may also want to watch:
In Division One the B team recorded a 10-0 win against Broadway B as their opponents failed to field a team.
In Division Two the C team again disappointed in managing only a 5-5 draw with Green Man F, with Haydn Gowan and Abigail Moore winning two singles apiece, and Gordon Barnes adding one.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
The D team benefited from their opponents Broadway D arriving with only two players, with Derek Clark and Andy Teemal winning two of the three singles games in Royston's 9-1 victory.
In Division Three the E team were no match for the promising juniors of Feathers Warriors, with only Fred Bendall recording a victory in their 9-1 defeat.