Royston ease to victory
TABLE TENNIS THE NHTTA League matches produced some good results for Royston – albeit with some considerable help from the opposition. Back to full strength, the A team led the way with an unexpected 9-1 victory over a depleted Green Man B in the Premie
THE NHTTA League matches produced some good results for Royston - albeit with some considerable help from the opposition.
Back to full strength, the A team led the way with an unexpected 9-1 victory over a depleted Green Man B in the Premier Division.
Dave Bridger and John Manley each won their three singles games, while Simon Cockman won two and the doubles with Manley.
In Division One the B team recorded a 10-0 win against Broadway B as their opponents failed to field a team.
In Division Two the C team again disappointed in managing only a 5-5 draw with Green Man F, with Haydn Gowan and Abigail Moore winning two singles apiece, and Gordon Barnes adding one.
- 1 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 2 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 3 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 4 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 5 Royston Town happy to be a breeding ground if it helps their own progression
- 6 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 7 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 8 IN PICTURES: A Cambridgeshire showcase at the inaugural County Day
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
- 10 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
The D team benefited from their opponents Broadway D arriving with only two players, with Derek Clark and Andy Teemal winning two of the three singles games in Royston's 9-1 victory.
In Division Three the E team were no match for the promising juniors of Feathers Warriors, with only Fred Bendall recording a victory in their 9-1 defeat.