Royston ease into final after fine win
Royston were away at Hitchin BC to play in the North Herts Inter-Club League Semi-Finals on Sunday, August 23, and came away with a 49-33 win over Whitethorn. On Monday the Royston ladies welcomed the Melbourn ladies to play a three triples friendly game.
Royston were away at Hitchin BC to play in the North Herts Inter-Club League Semi-Finals on Sunday, August 23, and came away with a 49-33 win over Whitethorn.
On Monday the Royston ladies welcomed the Melbourn ladies to play a three triples friendly game. In a very close contest Melbourn ran out 53-50 winners.
Also on the Monday was a Vets game of five triples mixed, at home, and against the Norton BC, Letchworth.
Although Royston won on four of the five rinks, the star turn was on rink two. The three W's, Don and Margaret Ward, and Tony Williams, just pulverised the opposition to sprint home with a scoreline of 25 shots to just four against. Final score: Royston 95 Norton 67.
Royston played their last game in the Meldreth & District League on Tuesday and they collected six points after beating Queen Edith 64-45.
The Vets were again in action on Wednesday with a game against the North Herts BC and Royston enjoyed a crushing 108-60 victory.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 3 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 4 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 6 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 7 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 8 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 9 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 10 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
On Friday, two triples rinks of ladies left Royston and headed for the Aston BC to play a North Herts League game but this turned out to be a disappointment as Royston lost on both rinks - 13-18 and 12-16.
At Baldock on Friday, the recently crowned national over 55s champions, found themselves on opposite sides, as the two pairs teams from Royston met up in the Letchworth & District Pairs semi-final.
Don Sheriff and Mel Flack came out on top 22-21 over Matt Coppen and Peter Adams.
On Saturday, a team of five triples from Royston, headed for the Quendon BC for a mixed friendly game. Royston had a comfortable win of 20 shots, helped no doubt, by the team on rink five.
Another team of five rinks of mixed triples, was played at Roebuck on Sunday.
Royston lost this game with a scoreline of 63 shots to Roebuck's 92.