Royston ease into final after fine win
Royston were away at Hitchin BC to play in the North Herts Inter-Club League Semi-Finals on Sunday, August 23, and came away with a 49-33 win over Whitethorn. On Monday the Royston ladies welcomed the Melbourn ladies to play a three triples friendly game.
Royston were away at Hitchin BC to play in the North Herts Inter-Club League Semi-Finals on Sunday, August 23, and came away with a 49-33 win over Whitethorn.
On Monday the Royston ladies welcomed the Melbourn ladies to play a three triples friendly game. In a very close contest Melbourn ran out 53-50 winners.
Also on the Monday was a Vets game of five triples mixed, at home, and against the Norton BC, Letchworth.
Although Royston won on four of the five rinks, the star turn was on rink two. The three W's, Don and Margaret Ward, and Tony Williams, just pulverised the opposition to sprint home with a scoreline of 25 shots to just four against. Final score: Royston 95 Norton 67.
You may also want to watch:
Royston played their last game in the Meldreth & District League on Tuesday and they collected six points after beating Queen Edith 64-45.
The Vets were again in action on Wednesday with a game against the North Herts BC and Royston enjoyed a crushing 108-60 victory.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 10 Hunt the hearts at town trail to raise money for charity
On Friday, two triples rinks of ladies left Royston and headed for the Aston BC to play a North Herts League game but this turned out to be a disappointment as Royston lost on both rinks - 13-18 and 12-16.
At Baldock on Friday, the recently crowned national over 55s champions, found themselves on opposite sides, as the two pairs teams from Royston met up in the Letchworth & District Pairs semi-final.
Don Sheriff and Mel Flack came out on top 22-21 over Matt Coppen and Peter Adams.
On Saturday, a team of five triples from Royston, headed for the Quendon BC for a mixed friendly game. Royston had a comfortable win of 20 shots, helped no doubt, by the team on rink five.
Another team of five rinks of mixed triples, was played at Roebuck on Sunday.
Royston lost this game with a scoreline of 63 shots to Roebuck's 92.