Royston ease into final after fine win
Royston were away at Hitchin BC to play in the North Herts Inter-Club League Semi-Finals on Sunday, August 23, and came away with a 49-33 win over Whitethorn. On Monday the Royston ladies welcomed the Melbourn ladies to play a three triples friendly game.
Royston were away at Hitchin BC to play in the North Herts Inter-Club League Semi-Finals on Sunday, August 23, and came away with a 49-33 win over Whitethorn.
On Monday the Royston ladies welcomed the Melbourn ladies to play a three triples friendly game. In a very close contest Melbourn ran out 53-50 winners.
Also on the Monday was a Vets game of five triples mixed, at home, and against the Norton BC, Letchworth.
Although Royston won on four of the five rinks, the star turn was on rink two. The three W's, Don and Margaret Ward, and Tony Williams, just pulverised the opposition to sprint home with a scoreline of 25 shots to just four against. Final score: Royston 95 Norton 67.
You may also want to watch:
Royston played their last game in the Meldreth & District League on Tuesday and they collected six points after beating Queen Edith 64-45.
The Vets were again in action on Wednesday with a game against the North Herts BC and Royston enjoyed a crushing 108-60 victory.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 10 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
On Friday, two triples rinks of ladies left Royston and headed for the Aston BC to play a North Herts League game but this turned out to be a disappointment as Royston lost on both rinks - 13-18 and 12-16.
At Baldock on Friday, the recently crowned national over 55s champions, found themselves on opposite sides, as the two pairs teams from Royston met up in the Letchworth & District Pairs semi-final.
Don Sheriff and Mel Flack came out on top 22-21 over Matt Coppen and Peter Adams.
On Saturday, a team of five triples from Royston, headed for the Quendon BC for a mixed friendly game. Royston had a comfortable win of 20 shots, helped no doubt, by the team on rink five.
Another team of five rinks of mixed triples, was played at Roebuck on Sunday.
Royston lost this game with a scoreline of 63 shots to Roebuck's 92.