Royston draw with the Hawks
Royston II 39 Hawks II 39 ROYSTON faced Hawks II in an important game towards the bottom of Division One of the Cambridge and District Netball League. In the first quarter Royston had chances created by the strong defensive combination of Charlotte Cook a
Royston II 39 Hawks II 39
ROYSTON faced Hawks II in an important game towards the bottom of Division One of the Cambridge and District Netball League.
In the first quarter Royston had chances created by the strong defensive combination of Charlotte Cook and Davina Biswell, but these were broken down.
This pattern continued in the second quarter but gradually the attacking players seemed to gel and Emma Cooley was on target again at goal shooter to bring Royston within two points by the end of the third quarter.
In a tense last quarter Royston gave everything they had been given and managed to draw level to end with a 39-39 draw.
The result leaves Royston in sixth place in Division One with their next match, against fifth placed Comberton, a vital one.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 6 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 7 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 8 Cambridge Literary Festival is back with first names announced for spring 2022 showpiece
- 9 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
Royston: Biswell, Cook, Davies, Harnwell, Huttlestone, Hoare, Cooley, Trayhurn.
Player-of-the-match: Charlotte Cook.