Royston draw with the Hawks
Royston II 39 Hawks II 39 ROYSTON faced Hawks II in an important game towards the bottom of Division One of the Cambridge and District Netball League. In the first quarter Royston had chances created by the strong defensive combination of Charlotte Cook a
Royston II 39 Hawks II 39
ROYSTON faced Hawks II in an important game towards the bottom of Division One of the Cambridge and District Netball League.
In the first quarter Royston had chances created by the strong defensive combination of Charlotte Cook and Davina Biswell, but these were broken down.
This pattern continued in the second quarter but gradually the attacking players seemed to gel and Emma Cooley was on target again at goal shooter to bring Royston within two points by the end of the third quarter.
You may also want to watch:
In a tense last quarter Royston gave everything they had been given and managed to draw level to end with a 39-39 draw.
The result leaves Royston in sixth place in Division One with their next match, against fifth placed Comberton, a vital one.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 6 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 7 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
Royston: Biswell, Cook, Davies, Harnwell, Huttlestone, Hoare, Cooley, Trayhurn.
Player-of-the-match: Charlotte Cook.