Royston double over champs
IT was another week of mixed results for Royston Table Tennis Club, although Premier Division champions Bedwell A were made to pay for fielding a weakened team with the A team punishing them 7-3 to complete an unlikely double. Earlier in the season the A
IT was another week of mixed results for Royston Table Tennis Club, although Premier Division champions Bedwell A were made to pay for fielding a weakened team with the A team punishing them 7-3 to complete an unlikely double.
Earlier in the season the A team had won 6-4 and this time two singles each from Dave Bridger, Simon Cockman and John Manley plus a Cockman and Manley doubles victory saw Royston home to a comfortable victory and secured valuable points in their battle against relegation.
And in Division Two a similar victory by the C team saw another Royston win, with three singles from Gordon Barnes plus two apiece from Haydn Gowan and Abigail Moore extend their side's lead at the top to four points.
However, the D team could only manage a 5-5 draw at Green Man G, with Julian Lugg and Andy Teemal winning two singles each and combining for the doubles.
You may also want to watch:
In Division One, the B team still maintain a narrow lead at the top of the table despite going down 6-4 to Green Man C with Yuci Gou and Martyn Symonds taking two single wins apiece.
And in Division Three the E team could only record a single each from Fred Bendall, Nathan Hutchings and Barry Sharp as they crashed to a 7-3 defeat to Broadway E.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?