Royston defeat bottom-side Woodford
- Credit: Archant
ROYSTON Town got back to winning ways last night (Tuesday) with an expected victory away at Woodford United.
Following Saturday’s 2-2 away draw at Guildford, it was vital Paul Attfield’s side got back to winning ways to maintain their play-off push.
And Woodford provided the ideal opportunity.
The Northamptonshire side are marooned at the bottom of the Evo-Stik Division One Central League, having lost all of their 39 games played this season.
There was a period of worry for Royston however, with the sides locked 1-1 at half-time, Matt Standen netting the Crows’ goal.
You may also want to watch:
But in the second half the visitors stepped it up, and a brace from Ryan Ingrey and a Luke Robins strike secured an important three points.
On Saturday, Royston host mid-table Ashford Town (Mddx).
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 8 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 9 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 10 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford