Royston Crows U19 T20 side defeated in inaugural match
- Credit: Archant
Royston Crows U19 T20 cricket side were defeated by Elstow Rabbits in their first-ever Natwest U19 Club T20 match at Therfield Recreation Ground.
In the new ECB competition, aimed at keeping youngsters involved in the sport, the Rabbits set a challenging 166 for Royston to chase.
Callan Gill smashed a quick-fire half century, before retiring as Elstow moved into the driving seat.
In response, the Crows’ openers, adorned in a kit designed by themselves and which was sponsored by local business Borders & Bow, were quickly sent on their way, with the unlucky Matt Houghton out LBW to a ball that kept very low.
Sam Hodgetts came and went before Evan Goldman showed some great attacking shots, hitting five fours and a six before being bowled by Sumit Karunakotha for 30.
You may also want to watch:
The rest of the batting order, with the exception of James May and Kyle Augustine, quickly departed with the Crows eventually all out off the penultimate ball for 75.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 6 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 7 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 8 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
- 9 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 10 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s