Royston Crows U19 T20 side defeated in inaugural match
- Credit: Archant
Royston Crows U19 T20 cricket side were defeated by Elstow Rabbits in their first-ever Natwest U19 Club T20 match at Therfield Recreation Ground.
In the new ECB competition, aimed at keeping youngsters involved in the sport, the Rabbits set a challenging 166 for Royston to chase.
Callan Gill smashed a quick-fire half century, before retiring as Elstow moved into the driving seat.
In response, the Crows’ openers, adorned in a kit designed by themselves and which was sponsored by local business Borders & Bow, were quickly sent on their way, with the unlucky Matt Houghton out LBW to a ball that kept very low.
Sam Hodgetts came and went before Evan Goldman showed some great attacking shots, hitting five fours and a six before being bowled by Sumit Karunakotha for 30.
You may also want to watch:
The rest of the batting order, with the exception of James May and Kyle Augustine, quickly departed with the Crows eventually all out off the penultimate ball for 75.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 4 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre