Royston left waiting for first win of the season after difficult opening day
- Credit: ROYSTON CC
It was a disappointing opening day of the season for Royston Cricket Club as all three teams fell to defeat.
The firsts went down by seven wickets at home to Needingworth in Division One of the CCA Senior League.
Having been put into bat, they struggled to make any headway and were all out inside 28 overs for 84.
Skipper Martin Leary top-scored with 27 while Chris Guest (20) and George Greenwood (14) were the only others, apart from the extras score, to make it into double figures.
Greenwood also took one wicket, as did Navod Punchihewa and Ryan Cochrane, but the visitors got home in just 14 overs.
The seconds meanwhile fell 39 runs short in their pursuit of Fen Ditton in the Division Three of the Junior League South.
Set 179, to win, James May taking 3-19, opener Amal Asim's 61 wasn't enough as they were all out for 139.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 6 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
And the thirds lost by 90 runs at Brichanger in the Junior League Division Five South.