Royston left waiting for first win of the season after difficult opening day
- Credit: ROYSTON CC
It was a disappointing opening day of the season for Royston Cricket Club as all three teams fell to defeat.
The firsts went down by seven wickets at home to Needingworth in Division One of the CCA Senior League.
Having been put into bat, they struggled to make any headway and were all out inside 28 overs for 84.
Skipper Martin Leary top-scored with 27 while Chris Guest (20) and George Greenwood (14) were the only others, apart from the extras score, to make it into double figures.
Greenwood also took one wicket, as did Navod Punchihewa and Ryan Cochrane, but the visitors got home in just 14 overs.
The seconds meanwhile fell 39 runs short in their pursuit of Fen Ditton in the Division Three of the Junior League South.
Set 179, to win, James May taking 3-19, opener Amal Asim's 61 wasn't enough as they were all out for 139.
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 5 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 6 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 7 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 9 Partygate is a kick in the teeth for South Cambs residents, says Lib Dem candidate
- 10 Town pays tribute to 'Mr Royston' who made huge contribution to community
And the thirds lost by 90 runs at Brichanger in the Junior League Division Five South.