Royston continue good run with Haslingfield victory
- Credit: Archant
Royston made it three league wins on the bounce with a seven-wicket victory over Haslingfield.
The home side won the toss and elected to bat.
Openers Chris Delves (one), dismissed by Martin Leary (1-5), and Harry Wells (10) quickly returned to the pavilion as the Crows raced out of the blocks.
Royston’s momentum was halted when skipper Lee Borcoski (34) and Alex Birkby (54 not out) hung around to re-ignite Haslingfield’s innings.
Birkby showed mettle at the crease but when Borcoski was removed, his subsequent partners gave him limited support.
You may also want to watch:
Josh Holmes (3-9), Matt Gillham (3-42) and Pete Merrell (1-33) cleared out the middle and tail for just 10 runs as the hosts fell to 118 all out.
Royston laboured at the start, with Paul Leary making only five and Michael Miller just seven.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
Max Kindred (23), Paul Miller (45 not out) and Rob Gill (34 not out) steadied the ship though as they rallied to the win.