Royston continue good run with Haslingfield victory
- Credit: Archant
Royston made it three league wins on the bounce with a seven-wicket victory over Haslingfield.
The home side won the toss and elected to bat.
Openers Chris Delves (one), dismissed by Martin Leary (1-5), and Harry Wells (10) quickly returned to the pavilion as the Crows raced out of the blocks.
Royston’s momentum was halted when skipper Lee Borcoski (34) and Alex Birkby (54 not out) hung around to re-ignite Haslingfield’s innings.
Birkby showed mettle at the crease but when Borcoski was removed, his subsequent partners gave him limited support.
You may also want to watch:
Josh Holmes (3-9), Matt Gillham (3-42) and Pete Merrell (1-33) cleared out the middle and tail for just 10 runs as the hosts fell to 118 all out.
Royston laboured at the start, with Paul Leary making only five and Michael Miller just seven.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 8 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
- 9 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 10 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
Max Kindred (23), Paul Miller (45 not out) and Rob Gill (34 not out) steadied the ship though as they rallied to the win.