Royston come unstuck
Royston Ladies 1 Chess Valley 3 THE ladies started strongly with some good possession play and good movement off the ball, but eventually came unstuck. They were caught on the back foot early on, and conceded a goal from a deflection. This unsettled R
Royston Ladies 1 Chess Valley 3
THE ladies started strongly with some good possession play and good movement off the ball, but eventually came unstuck.
They were caught on the back foot early on, and conceded a goal from a deflection. This unsettled Royston, and it was quickly followed by a second goal.
However, they fought back bravely with Ellie Mann and Sarah Buckerfield combining well.
You may also want to watch:
Their spirited comeback led to a blistering Deme Trayhurn-Kyprianou strike being saved, but luckily for the hosts, Alex Meredith-Hardy fired in the rebound.
But Royston hearts were broken once more, when Chess Valley added a third just before half-time.
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Herts libraries service could be transferred to public service mutual
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Chocks away! Phillips and Nunn bag Spitfire Salver at Heydon Grange Golf Club
After the break Royston continued to battle strongly, but could not convert any of their chances, despite moving the ball around well.
Royston Ladies III 0 Rothampstead 3
THIS was a disappointing result for Royston, losing to a team they had already beaten this season.
They struggled to get their game together in the first-half, and were on the defensive, with Gemma Luckman, Teresa Smith, Sarah Holland, and Jo Pearce doing their best to keep the Rothampstead attack at bay.
But even fine goalkeeping by Tash Ball could not stop Rothamstead scoring three first-half goals.
Royston controlled most of the second half. But two fine crosses from Helen Miles and Sarah Warren were wasted when Lisa Thompson failed to connect.