Royston come unstuck
Royston Ladies 1 Chess Valley 3 THE ladies started strongly with some good possession play and good movement off the ball, but eventually came unstuck. They were caught on the back foot early on, and conceded a goal from a deflection. This unsettled R
Royston Ladies 1 Chess Valley 3
THE ladies started strongly with some good possession play and good movement off the ball, but eventually came unstuck.
They were caught on the back foot early on, and conceded a goal from a deflection. This unsettled Royston, and it was quickly followed by a second goal.
However, they fought back bravely with Ellie Mann and Sarah Buckerfield combining well.
You may also want to watch:
Their spirited comeback led to a blistering Deme Trayhurn-Kyprianou strike being saved, but luckily for the hosts, Alex Meredith-Hardy fired in the rebound.
But Royston hearts were broken once more, when Chess Valley added a third just before half-time.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 5 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 9 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 10 Citizens Advice North Herts reopens Royston office
After the break Royston continued to battle strongly, but could not convert any of their chances, despite moving the ball around well.
Royston Ladies III 0 Rothampstead 3
THIS was a disappointing result for Royston, losing to a team they had already beaten this season.
They struggled to get their game together in the first-half, and were on the defensive, with Gemma Luckman, Teresa Smith, Sarah Holland, and Jo Pearce doing their best to keep the Rothampstead attack at bay.
But even fine goalkeeping by Tash Ball could not stop Rothamstead scoring three first-half goals.
Royston controlled most of the second half. But two fine crosses from Helen Miles and Sarah Warren were wasted when Lisa Thompson failed to connect.