Royston come unstuck
Royston Ladies 1 Chess Valley 3 THE ladies started strongly with some good possession play and good movement off the ball, but eventually came unstuck. They were caught on the back foot early on, and conceded a goal from a deflection. This unsettled R
Royston Ladies 1 Chess Valley 3
THE ladies started strongly with some good possession play and good movement off the ball, but eventually came unstuck.
They were caught on the back foot early on, and conceded a goal from a deflection. This unsettled Royston, and it was quickly followed by a second goal.
However, they fought back bravely with Ellie Mann and Sarah Buckerfield combining well.
Their spirited comeback led to a blistering Deme Trayhurn-Kyprianou strike being saved, but luckily for the hosts, Alex Meredith-Hardy fired in the rebound.
But Royston hearts were broken once more, when Chess Valley added a third just before half-time.
- 1 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
- 2 William and Kate unveil their first official portrait at Fitzwilliam Museum
- 3 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 4 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 5 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 6 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive in Newmarket for Cambs County Day
- 7 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 8 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 9 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 10 Part of The Busway set for weekend closure with diversions near St Ives
After the break Royston continued to battle strongly, but could not convert any of their chances, despite moving the ball around well.
Royston Ladies III 0 Rothampstead 3
THIS was a disappointing result for Royston, losing to a team they had already beaten this season.
They struggled to get their game together in the first-half, and were on the defensive, with Gemma Luckman, Teresa Smith, Sarah Holland, and Jo Pearce doing their best to keep the Rothampstead attack at bay.
But even fine goalkeeping by Tash Ball could not stop Rothamstead scoring three first-half goals.
Royston controlled most of the second half. But two fine crosses from Helen Miles and Sarah Warren were wasted when Lisa Thompson failed to connect.