Royston come away with a draw
Royston Ladies 0 Cheshunt 0 ROYSTON showed a lot of promise in their opening league game of the season, but were unable to take all three points. Player-of-the-match Emma Hodder took immediate control of the game and was at the heart of every Roy
Royston Ladies 0 Cheshunt 0
ROYSTON showed a lot of promise in their opening league game of the season, but were unable to take all three points.
Player-of-the-match Emma Hodder took immediate control of the game and was at the heart of every Royston move.
Ellie Mann and Rosie Polge also looked threatening, but Royston failed to find the target.
You may also want to watch:
At the other end, Kerry Alexander and keeper Fiona Walker looked confident, and kept the Cheshunt attacks at bay.
Royston Ladies II 7 Broxbourne III 1
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 3 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
ROYSTON were in rampant mood and blasted seven past their helpless Broxbourne opponents - six of which came from player-of-the-match Lucy Davison.
The hosts took an early lead, when Davidson scored her first of the day after just 10 minutes.
Kate Nankivell then provided the ammunition for three more Davidson strikes, with Royston going into the interval with a 4-0 lead.
Nankivell went close after the re-start, as did Kirsty Penfold and Sarah Farmer.
Ten minutes later, however, Davidson made it five with another top finish, which was followed by a good run and strike by Tasha Greenfield.
Davison completed the rout from a short corner.
The visitors did manage a late consolation, but it was all little too late.
Royston Ladies III 0 West Herts IV 1
DESPITE a lack of hockey over the past few weeks, Royston worked hard from the off, with the combination of Caroline Yarrow and Sarah Warren the main threat.
Helen Miles also had a solid performance at the centre of the Royston midfield, and distributed a number of great balls forward.
Teresa Smith, Di Hassen and Natalie Woodley also did well in defence, despite the one late slip-up, while Yarrow and Warren gave the West Herts right-back a torrid time down the left flank.
- Royston Hockey Club need volunteers to help with mini and junior hockey training sessions every Sunday at 11am.
For more details contact Colin Bateman on 01763 248498.