Royston clinch league crown
A TEAM from Royston Tennis Club has won the inaugural Cambridgeshire Junior League. Alex Wilson and Gus Rees defeated Gransdens 3-0 in Royston s final match to secure the title. The other members of the junior team, who won each of their four matches this
A TEAM from Royston Tennis Club has won the inaugural Cambridgeshire Junior League.
Alex Wilson and Gus Rees defeated Gransdens 3-0 in Royston's final match to secure the title.
The other members of the junior team, who won each of their four matches this season, are Nathan O'Looney, Toby Jackson and Leo Pickett.
There was also success for the club's mixed second team of Christine Knight, Richard Fosbeary, Hannah Crisford, and Mike Fellingham.
You may also want to watch:
The foursomes beat Fulbourn seconds 7-1 in their final league match, and in doing so, secured second place in the table and promotion to division five next season.
The ladies team of Kathy Betts, Emma Daintry, Christine Knight and Pru Burton also won their final summer league game 6-2 at home to Saffron Walden thirds, to finish third in the league table.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
In other results, Royston's under-16 team of Louis Boulter and Sam Tobiss lost 3-1 at home to Saffron Walden thirds, and the mixed first team of John Holmes, Kathy Betts, Andy Holmes and Christine Knight lost 6-2 away to Great Shelford's fourth team.