Royston clinch league crown
A TEAM from Royston Tennis Club has won the inaugural Cambridgeshire Junior League. Alex Wilson and Gus Rees defeated Gransdens 3-0 in Royston s final match to secure the title. The other members of the junior team, who won each of their four matches this
A TEAM from Royston Tennis Club has won the inaugural Cambridgeshire Junior League.
Alex Wilson and Gus Rees defeated Gransdens 3-0 in Royston's final match to secure the title.
The other members of the junior team, who won each of their four matches this season, are Nathan O'Looney, Toby Jackson and Leo Pickett.
There was also success for the club's mixed second team of Christine Knight, Richard Fosbeary, Hannah Crisford, and Mike Fellingham.
You may also want to watch:
The foursomes beat Fulbourn seconds 7-1 in their final league match, and in doing so, secured second place in the table and promotion to division five next season.
The ladies team of Kathy Betts, Emma Daintry, Christine Knight and Pru Burton also won their final summer league game 6-2 at home to Saffron Walden thirds, to finish third in the league table.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 8 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 9 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 10 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
In other results, Royston's under-16 team of Louis Boulter and Sam Tobiss lost 3-1 at home to Saffron Walden thirds, and the mixed first team of John Holmes, Kathy Betts, Andy Holmes and Christine Knight lost 6-2 away to Great Shelford's fourth team.