Royston clinch league crown
A TEAM from Royston Tennis Club has won the inaugural Cambridgeshire Junior League. Alex Wilson and Gus Rees defeated Gransdens 3-0 in Royston s final match to secure the title. The other members of the junior team, who won each of their four matches this
A TEAM from Royston Tennis Club has won the inaugural Cambridgeshire Junior League.
Alex Wilson and Gus Rees defeated Gransdens 3-0 in Royston's final match to secure the title.
The other members of the junior team, who won each of their four matches this season, are Nathan O'Looney, Toby Jackson and Leo Pickett.
There was also success for the club's mixed second team of Christine Knight, Richard Fosbeary, Hannah Crisford, and Mike Fellingham.
The foursomes beat Fulbourn seconds 7-1 in their final league match, and in doing so, secured second place in the table and promotion to division five next season.
The ladies team of Kathy Betts, Emma Daintry, Christine Knight and Pru Burton also won their final summer league game 6-2 at home to Saffron Walden thirds, to finish third in the league table.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 3 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 4 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 5 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 6 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 7 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 8 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 9 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 10 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
In other results, Royston's under-16 team of Louis Boulter and Sam Tobiss lost 3-1 at home to Saffron Walden thirds, and the mixed first team of John Holmes, Kathy Betts, Andy Holmes and Christine Knight lost 6-2 away to Great Shelford's fourth team.