Royston Celtic Whites off to great start
Biggleswade United Youth Blue 0 Royston Celtic Whites 5 Under-12 Division 1 THIS game started very tight with both teams wanting to play themselves into the new season but Celtic began to control the game. They passed Biggleswade off the pitch, Rhys Westb
Biggleswade United Youth Blue 0 Royston Celtic Whites 5
Under-12 Division 1
THIS game started very tight with both teams wanting to play themselves into the new season but Celtic began to control the game.
They passed Biggleswade off the pitch, Rhys Westbury worked his socks off up front with Lorcan George and Celtic could, and should, have had a penalty in the first few minutes.
You may also want to watch:
However the breakthrough came just before half time when Justin Leavers took the ball trough the middle and passed it into the net despite the best efforts of the retreating defender.
In the second half Celtic really started to play, passing the ball about and new boys James Rushton, Ben Webb and Westbury played as if they had been in the team for years with Rushton scoring a great header on his debut.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 8 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Herts libraries service could be transferred to public service mutual
Richard Jonas then came in to his own as with great passing from the midfield he out-ran the defence scoring two fantastic goals.
The back four of Tom McGlynn, Jack Mills, Calum Pinner and Edward Atkins were very tight and Eamon Henderson covered well while Robbie Pointing in goal had little to do but kept his concentration when he was needed.
Westbury kept working until the last minute and could have scored on his debut but the defender got in first for an own goal to wrap up a great all round performance from Celtic.
Team photo (from left to right): Back row: J Rushton, C Pinner, L George, R Pointing, J Leavers, R Jonas. Front row: T McGlynn, E Atkins, J Mills, A Henderson, R Westbury, B Webb.