Royston can't compete against dominant side
Southgate Adelaide III 2 Royston IV 1 THE visitors again dominated the first half. The pace of the youngsters down the wings and the quality of the passing created several open play chances. Unfortunately Royston only managed to convert one of the chance
Southgate Adelaide III 2 Royston IV 1
THE visitors again dominated the first half. The pace of the youngsters down the wings and the quality of the passing created several open play chances.
Unfortunately Royston only managed to convert one of the chances with Keith Markham finishing from close range.
A second goal from Keith Markham was disallowed and Royston were denied a penalty stroke when the Southgate goalkeeper saved illegally from Arnie Whittaker.
You may also want to watch:
Royston paid the penalty for not capitalising on their first half chances, as Southgate brought on one of their first team players at half-time as an injury replacement.
This completely changed the balance of the game and although Royston probably had an equal share of the second half the home side managed to scramble two goals after good runs by their substitute.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
Although Royston continued to press hard particularly down the right hand side through Stephen Priest, Sam Polge and Carl Taylor they could not find an equaliser.
- All Royston's home matches were postponed due to a waterlogged pitch at Bassingbourn Barracks. These will have to be rearranged for later in the season.