Royston can't compete against dominant side
Southgate Adelaide III 2 Royston IV 1 THE visitors again dominated the first half. The pace of the youngsters down the wings and the quality of the passing created several open play chances. Unfortunately Royston only managed to convert one of the chance
Southgate Adelaide III 2 Royston IV 1
THE visitors again dominated the first half. The pace of the youngsters down the wings and the quality of the passing created several open play chances.
Unfortunately Royston only managed to convert one of the chances with Keith Markham finishing from close range.
A second goal from Keith Markham was disallowed and Royston were denied a penalty stroke when the Southgate goalkeeper saved illegally from Arnie Whittaker.
Royston paid the penalty for not capitalising on their first half chances, as Southgate brought on one of their first team players at half-time as an injury replacement.
This completely changed the balance of the game and although Royston probably had an equal share of the second half the home side managed to scramble two goals after good runs by their substitute.
- 1 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 4 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 5 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 6 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 7 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 8 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 9 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
Although Royston continued to press hard particularly down the right hand side through Stephen Priest, Sam Polge and Carl Taylor they could not find an equaliser.
- All Royston's home matches were postponed due to a waterlogged pitch at Bassingbourn Barracks. These will have to be rearranged for later in the season.