Royston can't compete against dominant side
Southgate Adelaide III 2 Royston IV 1 THE visitors again dominated the first half. The pace of the youngsters down the wings and the quality of the passing created several open play chances. Unfortunately Royston only managed to convert one of the chance
Southgate Adelaide III 2 Royston IV 1
THE visitors again dominated the first half. The pace of the youngsters down the wings and the quality of the passing created several open play chances.
Unfortunately Royston only managed to convert one of the chances with Keith Markham finishing from close range.
A second goal from Keith Markham was disallowed and Royston were denied a penalty stroke when the Southgate goalkeeper saved illegally from Arnie Whittaker.
You may also want to watch:
Royston paid the penalty for not capitalising on their first half chances, as Southgate brought on one of their first team players at half-time as an injury replacement.
This completely changed the balance of the game and although Royston probably had an equal share of the second half the home side managed to scramble two goals after good runs by their substitute.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
Although Royston continued to press hard particularly down the right hand side through Stephen Priest, Sam Polge and Carl Taylor they could not find an equaliser.
- All Royston's home matches were postponed due to a waterlogged pitch at Bassingbourn Barracks. These will have to be rearranged for later in the season.